web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have an 81125-GT Impact that has a flashing led between the TRANS/CNF and HOLD bottons, left colm., bottom of phone.

Does anyone know how I can make the flashing stop?
This extension was added to our system much later, and we don't have the user guide or the same phone at any other station.

Thanks,

-Chris

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

It's a message waiting light. The code to program a DSS button (direct station speed dial & busy visual) is intercom **3 and then the extension number. The code to activate a message waiting lamp at another extension is Intercom *3 and the extension number. Someone screwed up while trying to make a dss button on their phone. Now, getting rid of it can be a bugger. Here's what I do. First unplug the phone and plug it back in. You might do this several times cause the person may have made the mistake multiple times. If that doesn't do it, email me directly from my profile and I will walk you through 2 more, more complicated ways to clear it. Or,
If you know the extension that set it the cancel code is intercom #3 and the number of that extension. You may need to do it multiple times to clear it. Sometimes, pressing the hold button while your phone is idle will call the offending extension then you'll know what ext. did it and you can beat them up, then clear the light.
mark
sorry this was so long.

well we need to know what system you have beside what phone.

my first guess its your message light.

try dialing intercom #3 and the extention number of that phone. (it may be *3 + extention number) one turns the light on the other turns the light off (there again depending on the system you have for those codes to work).

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
The easiest way is to press INTERCOM HOLD at your station and it will call the person that left you the message, then go to that station and press INTERCOM # 3 and your station number and the light will turn off.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
That's right it's intercom hold not just hold. Sorry. But it hasn't always worked for me. In fact it hardly ever seems to work for me. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] maybe I've mostly just pressed the hold without the intercom.
mark

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Thats why I'm here markk, to keep you on your toes. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
OP Offline
Well, gang, BIGDOG03 get's the prise!

Going down the list, BD's intruction set was correct:

INTERCOM + #3 + EXT ...turned off the light.

I'm sure all your info was correct, it's just I was more interested in turning it off than how it happened in the first place ( and I'm a freelancer, not a full-time employee yet, so there was no chance to slaping anybody's hand).

Thanks again, y'all.

-Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024