Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
WRichey Offline OP
OP Offline
This is just a way to get an idea of the amount of traffic good or bad. That donated or chose not to donate. You will not be logged if you participate, only if you post in this thread. So please dont post unless you want to be noticed.

Atcom VoIP Demo
VoIP Demo
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Come on, we can all spare a buck or two.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Some info on the founder of the cause of which we ask your help:

After the terrorist attacks of September, 11th 2001, 34 year-old demolition supervisor John Feal joined the army of blue-collar workers converging on the smoldering wreckage of the World Trade Center for the largest recovery operation in American history. Feal, like countless others, raced into the toxic cloud at the ruins of the WTC, unknowingly inhaling a toxic stew of asbestos, dioxins, benzene, lead, mercury, powdered glass, and more than 2,000 other deadly toxins. On September 17, John was horribly injured when his foot was crushed by an eight-ton steel beam during the frenzied, dangerous cleanup.

Soon after 9/11, John Feal (a US Army veteran) started experiencing serious respiratory problems, a condition they now call "The World Trade Center Cough." He spent two months in the hospital while he battled with a host of health problems. Because of an arbitrary exclusion in the law, Feal, like many search and rescue workers who were injured during a two-week window at Ground Zero did not qualify for the 9/11 relief fund. Like thousands of others, John risked his own life to save others, but when he became sick and injured, he was abandoned and forgotten. Today, his organization, the FealGood Foundation, has grown into one of the most prominent advocate for 9/11 responders. Their fund raising efforts have helped countless families with financial and medical assistance.

On August 30, 2007, John Feal participated in a triple kidney transplant at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in New York City, where his kidney was donated.

Because of 9/11, the guy nearly lost a foot, has respiratory and all the other health issues associaed with the 9/11 responders. Yet, he donated a kidney, and as the following text annotates, has decided to forego Christmas in order to give to others.

Can't we all spare just $1, so that he may pass it on to those in need?

John Feal Interview

Friends & Supporters - Like every American we face our biggest economic challenge in decades. With the uncertainty of the market affecting everyone across this great country,it is the resolve and the spirit of great Americans that will see it through the rough times. But let me tell you about yesterday's heroes. The brave men & woman who risked their life's 7 years ago for NY & this country. They have faced economic gloom for 7 years on top of their failing health and ability to maintain their households. Last year the FGF donated $6000 in toys and $12,000 in checks to 26 9/11 responder families. We could not have done that without the great American spirit of helping those less fortunate. In a perfect world we would be able it again this year. But reality has set in and we face major obstacles in our economy across this great nation. But with the holiday season approaching fast,I implore all you amazing Americans to find it in your hearts to help the FGF help & assist the brave souls of 9/11/01 with putting toys or gift cards under their trees again this year. My wife and I have decided this year not to exchange gifts,but rather give what we would have exchanged to these courageous families who fight everyday to maintain their health & dignity. The fact is many of these heroes are to proud to accept anything,which makes them more the hero then they already are. But together as a team united we can truly make a difference in the life's of these incredible people. 7 years ago they were there for us,so lets not forget as we make adjustments in our own lives this year,lets try to be there for them. God bless you all & your families.

“Any nation that does not honor its heroes will not long endure”
- Abraham Lincoln

Sincerely John Feal

9/11 responder

Advocate

Civilian above and beyond Congressional medal of honor recipient
Living organ donor
President & Founder of the Fealgood Foundation

Matt,

Thanks for posting the info from the Fealgood Foundation's site. I hope all the members will take the time to check out what they are about and see why they deserve whatever we can spare.

My hope is that we in the telecom community can help pick up the slack for our officials until they provide the assistance that is rightfully deserved. That being said, I thought that through Paul's donated song purchase, nobody would feel insulted by my only begging for a dollar to this cause.

Mostly, I'm asking that you pull the cushions off the couch. You likely find enough there to purchase his song. If not, then please just try to pass this message onto others.

I've personally circulated a company email, posted bulletins on myspace and hit all you guys up. No, I'm not asking anyone to become some Fealgood zealot or to buy all of Paul's cd's, but just try to help these people out if possible.

Thank you all for your participation in my/our efforts for the 9/11 first responders.

I've thought long and hard about this, and decided to go ahead and do it.

The reason I had to think about it so hard was I didn't want anyone to think I'm showing off, trying to prove anything, make people think I'm better than them or am loaded with money (believe me, I'm not. Having said that I do tend to buy things that I could absolutely do without).

I'm not out to outshine anybody, make people feel guilty or that they had to donate, etc... etc.. etc...

In short, I don't want my actions to cause any potential harm or turn people off to this cause.

The reason I am doing it is that because (IMO) this effort needs a kick start.

Therefore -

I'll match every yes vote with $1, up to $500.

Please make a donation. It's the least we can do for those who sacrificied, and continue to sacrifice every day, so very much.

Respectfully,
Matt

$6 sent by me, in addition to the contributions made by others.

$494 to go on my commitment.

I've decided it's best to send weekly.

Thanks to everyone, whether or not you chose to contribute; for now you are all aware of what is happening with the first responders support effort (which is the most important thing), and additionally, you're honest.

Respectfully,
Matt

As I started this, I'm going to do my best to follow Matt in his most generous efforts at providing matching funds.

As you may not know, I do like to keep the Presidents sunblind. Sometimes you just have to put up or shut up.

Well said, John.

In other news....

For those of you in the vicinity of KC (or further, if you can make the trip), April could be a very good month.

We're in initial conversations with a local Harley dealer for a Rally. If you go to https://www.fealgoodfoundation.com/ThankYou.html you'll see that another was recently held, which raised over $19,000.

It's not a 100% done deal, but the dealer sure seemed up for/excited about it.

I'll keep the updates on this coming. If there is anyone out there that has ever organized something like this before - I'd greatly appreciate it if you could contact me. I'll be in touch with Bergen County for details on how they pulled this off, but any other suggestions/tips/watch out for's are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Matt

Well, more good news.

A prominent local radio station is more than likely going to Interview John Feal on their morning show. Also they are going to put a link to his website on their site.

As with anything else, nothing is assured, but it's a hopeful sign.

Thanks
Matt

Here's the response I got from John F when I told him I'd be letting him know a date/time for the interview -

"Great job, I have to run now and bring food to a responder who has no food for his family."

Any chance we can get the yes votes up a few notches?

Please?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics93,745
Posts636,435
Members49,622
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
Today's Birthdays
cTopher, djmoutt, ffej010, Kenneth J McLean, telephonegunner, Tellink
Newest Members
noriod45, Levi1337, jackbeelerDCS, blentz, RockyTop
49,622 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
blentz 6
jsaad 5
Toner 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nortelvoip), 32 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: Business Phone Systems | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2022