Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Halloween Flicks
#298198 10/11/08 04:01 PM
Rhonda Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm a fan of scary movies.

I've seen all of the old ones but what about the new ones? I'm a fan of the Saw Series. Anyone rented/purchased any new scary flicks with some good twists and turns?

Please list the name and a bit about the movie without giving too much away...

To Succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone. ..Reba McEntire
NEC search for systems, cards, phones, software, manuals and repairs!
Re: Halloween Flicks
#298199 10/11/08 05:58 PM
KLD Offline
Sorry, Rhonda, I am a wimp about scary movies,,,I get enough "bad dreams" without them..... help :rolleyes: eek

(Screams like an 8 year old girl....)

Ken
---------
#298200 10/11/08 06:25 PM
Rhonda Offline OP
OP Offline
You're funny Ken. I know, a lot of people who cannot handle these movies.

I've always loved them... well most of them. I hate the typical slasher stuff. I like the ones that keep you on the edge of your seat and make you think. The kind that make you afraid to go off to the bathroom alone as you feel like the psycho is waiting for you in there. eek

To Succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone. ..Reba McEntire
#298201 10/11/08 06:31 PM
Seems like they're all zombie movies these days. Wish I could recc. one, but I wait till they come to my DVR before I watch them.

On that note, these aren't scary movies, but I did like "Lucky number slevin" and "The departed".

I still vote for either Psycho, or The Shining as good scary movies to watch, no matter how many times you've seen 'em.

#298202 10/11/08 06:55 PM
Rhonda Offline OP
OP Offline
The Shining is one of the best of the best.

"Seven" with Pitt and Freeman was good to. Anything with a psychological twist works for me.

Especially in October... nothing like a good scare.

#298203 10/11/08 06:59 PM
Yep. Seven was hard to watch for me to watch, especially the guy that ate himself to death. Or maybe the pervert guy. That's a tough call. Definately a good movie though. I'm a big horror film fan as well, I'll try to think of some i like.. I know I know, but I just don't know at the moment.

#298204 10/11/08 07:04 PM
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I prefer supernatural, or "ghost" movies. Among my favorites are "The Shining", "The Changeling (not the new one), "The Amityville Horror" and "The Sixth Sense".

Oh, and don't laugh, but "The Blair Witch Project" scared the crap out of me, but because at the time, they had us believing it was a true story. I was so disappointed when I found out it was a fake.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
#298205 10/11/08 07:11 PM
I fall in with Ed on that. Rhonda - how can you possibly watch "Saw"? Ugh........... I have my gore limits.... I can't watch any of it without cringing.

Not necessarily horror/supernatural movies, but I did like all 3 hypercube movies.

#298206 10/11/08 08:00 PM
mjw Offline
Think the Rob Zombie movies were the goriest movies I have ever seen.

#298207 10/12/08 07:13 AM
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Alright, good topic!

----

28 Days Later : good horror/thriller that draws you in and keeps you hanging to the end. Great writing, great effects and a different than normal "zombie" profile. It also had a fantastic follow up with 28 Weeks Later .

As mjw suggested, the Rob Zombie flicks are a great way to go. House of 1000 Corpses , The Devil\'s Rejects and the Halloween re-interpretation.

As far as Saw... Saw 1 was amazing, new and fantastic : Saw 2 was a great follow up and expanded well on the story : Saw 3 fell apart and seemed like it was grasping at a lingering story line : Saw 4 ... didn't see yet, because I was turned off by 3.

Matt1964 is right on about the Cube movies. Cube , Cube 2 : Hypercube and Cube Zero are an amazing trilogy of movies. Suspense, thrillers with a little bit of horror.

Jeepers Creepers was not the scariest movie ever, but is a personal favorite because of the development of the story. It really draws you in and has a good payoff.

If you;re up on the old ones, then I'm sure you saw the original, but the 2004 remake of Dawn of the Dead was done really well.

The Toolbox Murders is a really good mystery-horror flick that never got the attention it should have. It's about an old Hollywood hotel that's got an evil in it.

Suspect Zero is a good thriller with a Law & Order/Dexter type crime drama feel to it... which reminds me

--> DEXTER <--

is one of the best written crime-drama thriller-horror series' I've ever seen. It is just now starting season three on Showtime, and is well worth starting from the beginning. I know they do a censored re-broadcast on some basic cable channel, but it is not remotely the same.

I know you said you've seen all the "old ones", but I'm still throwing a few out there to make sure you've seen them.

Eraserhead : a classic post-apocalyptic suspense thriller by David Lynch. ( Lost Highway ) is another great Lynch writing achievement.

Also, A Nightmare on Elm Street , Hellraiser , The Thing or the original Halloween are always good flicks to ease into a horror movie marathon.

----

There are so many more, but that should be a good start
wink

~edit~

P.S. - to Ed : You are absolutely right about "The Blair Witch Project" it was amazingly good and scary... until it was ruined, at which point of course it seemed deflated. I defy anyone that saw it before all the spoilers to not have been freaked out. I saw it opening night at the midnight showing... and yeah that was a tense walk to the car in a cold, dark parking lot.

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Most Recent 5 Post
Litespan 2000 CUVG Card
by tommyb52 - 04/01/20 05:14 PM
Register a Polycom Trio 8800 to Allworx
by aweaver - 03/31/20 06:18 PM
Basic Mode Transfer
by ffej010 - 03/30/20 10:32 PM
Officeserv with Skyetel
by Bushmills - 03/30/20 09:05 PM
END OF SALE?
by dude - 03/30/20 06:40 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 0 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Popular Topics (Views)
Forum Statistics
Forums94
Topics93,603
Posts635,164
Members49,261
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Today's Birthdays
Bob2701, deren, Drevaen, emolatur, Two Cans
Newest Members
Derek B, randyt, Justin FCMI, Link_HC, bryann84
49261 Registered Users
Get Tech Support Now! Click the banner below
Get Tech Support Now!
EMP & Lightning Home Surge Protection
EMP - Click Here!
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ruben 32
dexman 32
hbiss 15
Buy one Get one FREE when you use PayPal at checkout! Code T28P
Yealink $39.95 Buy one Get one FREE when you use PayPal on checkout! Code T28P
EMP Shield for Commercial - Home & Vehicle
Use Coupon code SAVE - Click Here!
Servpro Ventura 24-Hour Emergency Service
Free Estimates call us now 24Hours
Contact Us | Telephone System Tech Support | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2020
Trusted Partners