EMP & Lightning Home Surge Protection
EMP - Click Here!
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#298602 10/30/08 05:20 AM
OP Offline
My brother is coming home on leave from Iraq for a couple of weeks but can only be in the states for 6 days so we are looking at the whole family all meeting in Toronto or somewhere close. We will be having family from Kansas, Florida and PA; should be a great time. This is all to take place around Christmas time and I was just wondering if anybody has any insight as to what is a must see...but more importantly where do I eat?

728x90 Phone.com
728x90 Your Business Phone Service in the Cloud
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Online Content
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Not from "TO", but the CN tower has a great view with restaurants & bars.

Toronto is a huge city with plenty of restaurants for every taste/pleasure.

Lots to see as well, depending on what you're looking for. Telemarv probably gets there more than I do. Never seem to find the time to get up there to see my brothers and sister.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
I can't give you any advice on what to do other than taking in a Maple Leafs game if possible. Either way, give your brother my thanks for what he is doin for our country.

That's my stompin grounds....

Above all, take in the culture. Check out Danforth (the greek area). There's a little bar I used to frequent called "The Court Jester". Best wings in TO by a long shot!

If it's going to be around Christmas, check out the beaches.... just a bit east of downtown along the waterfront. It's a cool street to walk down, then head for the actual beach and walk along the boardwalk. This starts at Queen and Woodbine and goes east along Queen from there.

Since you're a phone guy, or at least that way inclined, check out Active Surplus on Queen St W. One of my favorite places to waste time and money.

Go see the AGO (Art Gallery of Ontario) They've got a permanent group of 7 exhibit. You can get lost in there if you've got the time.

Do all the mind numbingly boring stuff like the Eaton Center (Huge mall, on Younge st) Can you tell I've been drug there several thousand times?

If you can get to Markham, go to Pacific Mall. You'll be one of the only non-asians (I'm assuming you're not asian). It's a bit like going to Singapore, but only slightly less crowded. Quite the experience.

If you're all up for it.... take a day trip up to Blue Mountain in Collingwood and go skiing. That is, if we have enough snow.

If you are a beginning skiier, check out Horseshoe Valley in Barrie instead.

Just as an afterthought.... you could probably just as easily get a good deal at Niagara Falls Canada since everyone's scared to death about the economy..... then you've got a bunch of Wineries to sample and the falls, and a lot of other attractions.

even check out niagara on the lake, great place. And for nature lovers there is always hamilton harbour...ok i was kidding about that one.

the ontario science center is always interesting, even for adults and its in the scenic don valley. By the way avoid the don valley parkway/parkinglot at all costs. There is a nice microbrew in the old CP roundhouse at the foot of the cn tower too

Jay, a recovering IT guy

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Advertising Sponsor
Most Recent 5 Post
Officeserv systems can't dial out.
by RM SYSTEMS - 05/12/21 11:55 AM
Samsung Tech Support
by kevinoffsite - 05/10/21 05:41 PM
Saying good by to all the rest of my toshiba
by SSPhone - 05/07/21 04:28 PM
IP Office 500 V2 crash
by Mercenary Roadie - 05/07/21 08:24 AM
Random characters on screen
by dougster - 05/06/21 06:49 PM
Popular Topics (Views)
Forum Statistics
Forums93
Topics94,379
Posts639,668
Members49,456
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Today's Birthdays
BGarner, crxtion, lamont, S-ROBEY
Newest Members
R&j, Andrea Sau, eos90066, Sonic, ERA
49,456 Registered Users
Get Tech Support Now! Click the banner below
Get Tech Support Now!
defencebyte.com
Antiransomware
Global Test Supply
Top Posters (30 Days)
dexman 44
pvj 18
Ruben 15
bditech 11
Phone.com 300x250
300x250 Your Business Phone Service in the Cloud
www.aweber.com
landing page builder
Linked Banner to your Product or Website
NordVPN
Advertising Sponsor Spot 2
EMP Shield for Commercial - Home & Vehicle
Use Coupon code SAVE - Click Here!
Who's Online Now
26 members (Curlycord, RM SYSTEMS, JBean3329, metelcom, BobRobert, erniejoey, MooreTel, Silversam, Skunky, Meyery2k, mdrmdr, Mercenary Roadie, mongo5150, nortelvoip, RATHER BE FISHING, Yoda, newtecky, Touch Tone Tommy, dexman, justbill, BrianS, sundance, dougster, johno, Professor Shadow, nfcphoneman), 272 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
vpnproxymaster
Contact Us | Telephone System Tech Support | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2021
Trusted Partners