web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
rfg801 Offline OP
OP Offline
Our office just upgraded (sort of) from executech 2000 to DSU (rev 20A) and we have added a key voice VP (version 8.2). We bought the system from a closed business. The comdial guy set up both systems but he was unable to get the message waiting light to come on for new messages. The keyvoice system uses a Rhetorex board and the com port is connected to the seial port on the DSU.

I have the manual for the keyvoice system and it mentions that seial port integration needs to be activated and the authorization file is pbxlink.txt. I found my pbxlink.txt file but it is empty. Do I need to activate this feature, and where can I get the code number? And if so, do I enter it into the "vmcode.exe" program.

Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Your serial link needs to be plugged into com port 1 or a on the dsu.

The dsu needs to have this turned on.

Then the voicemail should have had the first time set up ran on it. It should be selected for dsu and also select using serial intergration.

You will also need to know what ext. the voicemail ports are for first time set up.

The comdial.lnk under the vm directory is the file you would be lookng for.

No need to go into this file unless you know what you are doing!

go to programming of the voicemail and look at a mailbox. on the first screen at the bottom there is a couple of programming fields. if they say serial you should be set up for serial intergration. if they have *3,X and #3,x these are the code to light and turn off the message light. then the vm is not set up for serial intergration.

Best thing to do is to call someone thatreally knows whats going on and pay them to set it up right. it will be better for you in the long run.

------------------
[Linked Image from home.columbus.rr.com]

rfg801 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Digdog for getting back to me so quickly. Even though I am most certainly not an expert on the systems, I do have a good understanding of them. I have the system up and running for serial integration and was wondering if there might be something the comdial guy and I are missing. They want to send another guy out here and re-program what the first guy already did or didn’t do. I’d rather not go down that road. I have replied to your comments.

>>Your serial link needs to be plugged into com port 1 or a on the dsu. The dsu needs to have this turned on.

It is on and plugged in, I can swap the cable to the com port of my laptop and hyper terminal into the phone system.

>>Then the voicemail should have had the first time set up ran on it. It should be selected for dsu and also select using serial intergration.

I have run the first time setup and selected DSU (#6) and selected to use serial integration. When I go into mailbox setup it show “serial” under ‘sequence to turn on message waiting lamp.’

>>You will also need to know what ext. the voicemail ports are for first time set up. The comdial.lnk under the vm directory is the file you would be lookng for.

During the setup, I identified the vm ports and they are also correctly listed in the comdial.lnk file as well. On the DSU side, the station ports are configured as VM ports as well.

Thanks for your help, maybe someone knows some setting to change somewhere.

Make sure the com port ont the vm is set right.

Kerry

You may have a bad serial post on the Keyvoice. If you have a serial mouse there is a program on the keyvoice that allows you to test the port unforutunately I can't remember the name of the file.

yep, test the serial port on the voicemail.

I use procomm for dos. Install it and set the com port up for the baud rate of the dsu com port. you should be able to program the dsu from here. If you do not get a prompt of INPUT PASSWORD . Your not getting through to it. Take and short pins 2 and 3 out of the voicemail and type on the keyboard. If you see your keystrokes you com port is good. check your hood it should be pins (db9) 2,3,5 red, green, black or red, green yellow it depends on your line cord, if its a flipped cord or not.DB25 will be 2,3,7.

If you can program with the hood and line cord out of the vmail with procomm, then your com port is good all the way. double check you vm programming and make sure you have the serial baud rate correct and the com port correct. Also make sure nothing else is trying to use that com port. Like pcanywhere.

If you need procomm for dos email me, I will see if I can email it to you, if its not to big.

------------------

rfg801 Offline OP
OP Offline
When I ran procomm I was able to get the sytem name, revision and time, but I was unable to get the login script. When I performed the loopback test that you described, it didn't work. I tried it with both ports and no go. Does this mean the com ports are dead?

If they are can I just install a new card with com ports and change the setting in the host.ini file and the serial integration page of the software?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

It sounds like your transmit side is out on the mother board com ports. You can install a comport card and strap them for com 1 and com 2. You will also need to go into the bios and turn off the on board com ports.

these card should run you about $50 to $75 at any computr store. I always keep several instock.

------------------

rfg801 Offline OP
OP Offline
I just put the new com port in and made some adjustments to the settings and the serial port works great and my message waiting lights now work.

Thanks for all your help.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 120 guests, and 246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024