Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#309804 03/17/11 09:39 AM
dtmf Offline OP
RIP Admin
OP Offline
RIP Admin
Now we are going to start the no-fly zone,,,, good god don't our troops have enough on there plates. And if they are going to do this why didn't they do it 2 weeks ago when it would have been way more affective???

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Telrad Digital Programmer networked and standard kits available.
Commercial and Residential All Types Phone Service
Atcom VoIP Demo
VoIP Demo
#309805 03/17/11 11:09 AM
Online Content
Yes our troops have more than enough to do.

As far as timing, I don't think they could do squat until they got the request from the Arab League, just too much western hate in that part of the world. I see where France, Lebanon and Britain are trying to push this through the UN. I hope the US tells the UN we'll support but we won't take the lead as we've had to in the past. Seems everyone, except a few close US allies take cover after it starts.

Retired phone dude
#309806 03/17/11 07:15 PM
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
The big problem is that it only takes one bad apple to spoil the whole bunch. One whack-job dictator in that region who wakes up on the wrong side of bed places everyone on edge when things go awry.

If we would just stop depending on that nut house for our oil, we could easily just sit back and laugh at them while they blow each other up. Frankly, if they didn't know that we'd come running every time they have an issue, they might learn how to get along. Uncle Sam seems to be the world's savior these days, so why should they bother? We'll fix it. "Mommy, he called me a name" is the mindset that I see many countries taking.

The world's issues used to be about national security, which I completely understand. Not anymore.

That's just it. We can't provide for ourselves on our own soil. We aren't allowed to expand upon our own resources for oil, gas and coal. After the issues in Japan, I'm sure that our ability to use other forms of energy (nuclear) will be under even more scrutiny.

I was always led to believe that the parent should maintain the upper hand with their children. In our case, the parents are allowing the children to rule the roost. What is wrong with this picture?

I should stop here.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
#309807 03/17/11 07:33 PM
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Make sure you check out this thread in the booth, especially the 2nd post, which pertains to this thread.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
#309808 03/18/11 10:27 AM
I am of the mindset that isolationism may not be that bad.

Most of our troubels have been from supporting and propping up powers that we don't really like. Or forcin our ideals on other countries.

Solution in simple terms.

SUpport the people not the governments. Libya wants to oust Khadaffy then great! tell the people go for it. Over throw him and implement whatever government you want. Same with Egypt. If the people want the Islamic Brotherhood, then great...support what the people want. Until they are in power we stay out. We don't pick sides.
If there are 3 different groups of people in the up rising, we don't choose one we chose none.

If the Country's army starts slaughtering its citizens then we don;t do business with them. PERIOD!. we cut them off. If the the ideals of the citizentry does live up to our expectations, then we don't do business with them. Let them shape their own future. Tell the world once you get into power, here are the conditions of being a "ally" and "trade partner" with us.( namely keeping a changable government) We have our standards and if you don;t live up to those you are on your own. Keep in mind you are not an enemy just not a friend. You are free to implement any typ of government you want untill you a) hurt us b) hurt an ally c) slaughter your people.
When I say slaughter I mean 1000s of its own defensless people. not squashing a few hundred of uprisers. the loss of a few hundred should be a wake up call to the country's people of what government they elected and spark an overthrow until they get it right.
If we cut off all of our supply of oil from them then so be it. We will need to make due with relying on our own resources and ingenuity.
But think of the money we could save by scaling back our military.
England use to spend as much on their military as the next 2 superpowers combined. What if we did that for the 4 superpowers combined we would save 3/4 of the military budget. We wouldn't have our nose in other countries tellig them how to live and we could concentrate on our own affairs. We could show the world how its done.
Sadly, this will never happen because of the oligarchy running the US...namely the industrial war machine.

[Linked Image from i26.servimg.com]
TouchPoint Networks.

Serving the Northwest Since 1991
NEC Shoretel Zultys T3 Tadiran
#309809 03/18/11 10:32 AM
dtmf Offline OP
RIP Admin
OP Offline
RIP Admin
Bill, that will never work because it makes to much sense. But I do agree with you

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Telrad Digital Programmer networked and standard kits available.
Commercial and Residential All Types Phone Service
#309810 03/18/11 11:05 AM
Everyone should remember that old kadaffy had a huge centrifuge program for many years before he agreed to dismantle it. He very well might have enough hi enriched U235 to make a gun bomb or two. If he does, all I can say is Bastet help us...

Joe

Real comms took 200lb teletypes, hand keys, sounders, operators and cranked phones!
#309811 03/18/11 12:16 PM
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Another case of The US having to "Police" the world because no one else will. So this will end up being another case of "Christians against Muslims".

Both Egypt or Saudia Arabia have an Air Force why don't they use them? Muslim vs Muslim sound okay by me.

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics93,819
Posts636,736
Members49,641
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
Today's Birthdays
jmd2009, Ken Stephens, Teri J
Newest Members
AlAl, mike hurford, Nigel S, ramo, Monte Grubbs
49,640 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
pvj 12
ramo 11
Toner 10
dans 5
Who's Online Now
4 members (Curlycord, Ro, juno, justbill), 105 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: Business Phone Systems | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2023