web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#31001 01/24/05 05:34 PM
OP Offline
Our main manufacturing building was destroyed by fire in August 2004 and I have
been assigned to re-install our Comdial G-0408 system. I have been retired from AT&T
for 15 years and have never worked on a comdial system but am sure that I can handle it.
There was no damage other than smoke to the equipment, terminals or main wiring. The
original installation included exclusively 8012-STT terminals which was “Overkill” for our
type of business, Fiberglass and plastic design and manufacturing.
We have 5 remaining 8012-STT terminals that I have bench tested with the control
unit. We can use a couple of these in the offices but definitely don’t need them in the
manufacturing areas of our new building. Is this system capable of using analog terminals
like the 2500 set?
Our new building is 250’ long with an office at each end. We plan to install the
equipment in one office and wire both offices to it. What is the range limitations of the
8012-STT terminals via CAT5 wiring and if analog sets will work what is their range and
is an interface unit required?
rcsnoopy ... Ron in Idaho

------------------
Ron

Ron
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
I recall something about 750 feet. You shouldn't have any problem at all.

------------------
| Need a Telephone | Telephone Installers

Length should not be a problem for you but you will need an ATID module for analog sets to work. 1 ATID module converts 2 digital stations to 2 analog stations

Per Comdial specs footage is 1000 feet for 24 guage and 2000 feet for 22 gauge with no regards to category for the digital sets. As for the analog phones, if you are needing more than two sets then it would be cheaper to buy Comdial part number JM008 which is an expansion module for 8 analog ports. The ATI-D unit like Steve said is only for two ports. I've had analog sets right at 3500 feet before with no problem.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024