Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#310854 08/29/11 03:00 PM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 953
Rickman Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 953
Here

I Just Can't Beleave It :shrug:


"The Only Stupid Question, Is the Question Thats not Asked."
Atcom VoIP Demo
VoIP Demo
#310855 08/29/11 03:32 PM
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,106
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,106
Well, that's the part of the government people think doesn't exist. They only want to complain about the president. Like I said before, that's only 1/3rd of the problem.

They have amazing health insurance, get pretty steep travel perks, and get to keep a good chunk of it after only 4-years of office. My sympathy is pretty damn non-existent for them.

And the reason you aren't hearing about it in the media is because it doesn't let them paint a red or blue polarizing picture. They only want people hating the other team and not the entire league.

Now, if the republicans or democrats made more salary then the other, why you'd see every teapublican or dumbocrat marching up and down the isles telling you the sky was falling. But since they're all massively overpaid and overcompensated, they want it to stay hush hush.

To me, this is just another prime example of where you have people in there for all the wrong reasons. Of course you have a ton of hours, you are running a country for crying out loud, not manning a McDonalds drive through. If you don't even realize that then get out! Let someone else screw things up for a change.

For fun, lets say they work 16 hours a day, 7 days a week, year round non-stop. They are making ~$30/hr. Math: 174000/(365*16)

And as we all know, they don't smile

#310856 08/29/11 04:59 PM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,108
Likes: 10
Admin
*****
Offline
Admin
*****
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,108
Likes: 10
To add to Kumba's post...they asked for the job. Are they too dumb to do the math BEFORE they ran for office? Gimme a break. Cry me a river. Get another job....can't make it on $174K. mad


[Linked Image]
#310857 08/29/11 06:19 PM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,345
Likes: 10
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
*****
Offline
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
*****
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,345
Likes: 10
I "beleave" I would do very well on $174,000.00 annually, but that is just me.


Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
#310858 08/29/11 06:31 PM
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 6,648
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
*****
Offline
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
*****
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 6,648
many times I see them spending way more than 348k (174k times two) of their own money to get the Job so why would they do that ? (rhetorical question )


Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
#310859 08/30/11 12:00 AM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 642
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 642
If they don't spend all the money they collected for election, only after the election they can keep it.


"90% of the politicians make the other 10% look bad" Henry Kissinger
#310860 08/30/11 12:23 AM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 642
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 642
Is there a way to bring something they pass up for a general vote like we do at the state level? If we could make it so the common people voted them raises, they would never get one.


"90% of the politicians make the other 10% look bad" Henry Kissinger
#310861 08/30/11 08:56 AM
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,328
Moderator-Comdial
*****
Offline
Moderator-Comdial
*****
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,328
In May of last year they voted to stop the automatic COLA adjustments and the resident in charge signed the bill. Of course that was smoke and mirrors so that general population would have a higher opinion of congress once elections rolled around. As a retired military member, my COLA is tied to the CPI so I haven't had a COLA raise since 2008 and started losing money several years ago! Congress on the other hand figures their COLA in a different manner not tied to the CPI. Our founding fathers never envisioned professional politicians and the ones crying a river are the "tenured" representatives.

#310862 08/30/11 12:39 PM
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,056
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
*****
Offline
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
*****
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,056
C'mon folks! All I want to do is serve the minimum number of terms in the House to qualify for the pension. 2 or 3 terms? Trouble is, at my age, and with the emphysema, I'd never survive! frown (Too much partying!)


When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
#310863 08/30/11 01:24 PM
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,136
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
*****
Offline
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
*****
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,136
No one is forcing them to spend an average of 1.1 million dollars just to win a job that pays $174K.

But go ahead and let them earn more if only we can remove their abominable pensions.

Perhaps we should do what the Catholic Church does. Elect no one but a senior as the Pope!


- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics93,735
Posts636,399
Members49,615
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
Today's Birthdays
BroadcastEngineer, itrains, James Walker, Mpp1994, rockie, sarah1klein, thomas TES-824
Newest Members
AMS Technology C, Chrontel, RonZ1971, Michael1948, lllDez
49,615 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
jsaad 7
Toner 6
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 31 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: Business Phone Systems | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2022
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5