web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#31135 02/10/05 06:16 AM
OP Offline
On a new DX-80 recently installed, when the user is on line to an outside voice mail, the first second or two of the recording from the outside source is dropping off after selecing a menu option. For instance, when you hear "Touch 1 for Bill", it then goes to Bill who says "...not available at this time, please leave a message." leaving off the "I am". This delay only occurs when choosing menu options on any outside voice mail, including SWB's own system, and any all other outside internal voice mail. There is no voice mail or auto-attendant on the system with the problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions why it is droppong the first second or two of the incoming voice mail when selecting menu options? Is there anyway to fix or adjust it?

Thanks.

Gerald

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Can you reproduce the situation on a butt set clipped directly to the CO lines at the Dmark?? I don't see where the DX80 plays in from what I'm understanding the problem is. And this is multiple locations? What is the software rev also? Anything prior to F32 was problematic.

OP Offline
No, it is not repeatable with a butt set. In addition, the old system replaced was a comdial Executech and it didn't have this problem.

Multiple locations. Rev A33.

Sorry for the double post.

Gerald

OP Offline
Perhaps this makes it more clear. When I hit "1" (or any menu selection) during a call where voice mail answers on another system, there is a short delay before I can hear the recorded message on the distant VM after the key is pressed. The distant VM is broadcasting the message-but I just can't hear in on my end for a second or two. It is internal to this cab. As the menu selection cycles, there is no delay, but always and only when I have to enter a key number to make a selection on the outside source VM.

Does this make it clearer what the problem is?

Gerald

Try turning off the button beep when you press a number (called touch tone off) Feature #1
mark

OP Offline
Thanks! Actually, turning touch tone ON did the trick.

Gerald

on, ok, I knew it had something to do with that feature.
mark

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,113 Shoretel
187,718 CTX100 install
186,811 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, Touch Tone Tommy), 66 guests, and 419 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024