web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#31285 02/26/05 04:11 AM
OP Offline
I'm new here and wanted to know if anyone has been working with either the MP1000 or the MP5000 with ep300 phones. We have an MP1000 that we installed for a customer who agreed to be a test site. Customer converted to a CLEC (NuVox) and the channel bank only provided about 53 VAC ringing. This caused the MP1000 to lock up everytime a call came in. It worked fine on the old BellSouth lines. Comdial has no answer for the lockup problem. We also have EP300's on our MP5000 in our office and prior to the last software upgrade on system and phones, we had no button features because they just wern't available yet. When the next relase came out, we got button features (lines, intercom DSS) but now the lights do not work on any of the telephones. Comdial says this is a know issue but insist dealers are selling MP5000 w/EP300's. I don't think this is true. Graybar has warehouses full of this stuff. Anybody have a comment?

------------------

[This message has been edited by MARK3906 (edited February 27, 2005).]

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#31286 02/26/05 11:17 AM
On the 53 VAC ringing, was this what you measured or what the CLEC said was the ringing voltage? Those are FXO ports and I've seen as low as 40 VAC before. I haven't encountered this problem yet on the MP1000. When this locks up, have you clipped on with your butt set at the DMarc and found dial tone or busy out? If the CO lines are locking up, have you tried to release them per instructions on page 29 of the Maintenance manual?? I'm going to play with this on the bench next weekend and adjust the ringing voltage down to see if I can duplicate it. On the MP5000 I haven't upgraded yet to 2.0, but Rather be Fishing might be at hand to answer those issues.

#31287 02/26/05 12:33 PM
OP Offline
We measured the voltage ourselves and found it about 53 VAC. The BellSouth line being used by the customer for a fax line measured about 65 VAC ringing. We listened to the call progress and could hear the call ring in - then we could hear the MP1000 answer. We did not have auto attendant active but the system answered the call anyway. Then we could hear clicks like the call was being transferred. After a minute or so the phones show "register failed". We tried this 4 times and got the same resultes every time. The MP1000 was also unavailable when we tried to log into it. We got back in the unit and looked at the log file. It showed the call being transferred (by who or what we don't now) to one station after another, including the two EP200's and then the log file shows the system shutting down. My technician has a copy of the log file. We never heard a phone ring and once the call rang into the system the line could not be accessed from a phone button. You know when you're having problems with a card and you make a test call in, you can sometimes press the line key and answer it anyway. No such luck with this. We put the Bell line in the system and everything worked fine. I ordered three Viking units to put on the lines to bring the ring voltage up because the CLEC changed out the channel bank and it did not bring the voltage up enough. They will be ordering another Adtran that can be adjusted up to 90 VAC. We actually had this problem in our office when we tested the unit when we first got it and we were using IST ports out of our MP5000.

#31288 02/26/05 02:51 PM
Is it ring voltage the issue or ring cadence? Because the IST ports have a different ring cadence. You have definitely got me fired up about this one, I got know what is going on.

#31289 02/26/05 03:45 PM
OP Offline
It's voltage I assume. The system answers immediately so i just don't think cadance has anything to do with it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,111 Shoretel
187,716 CTX100 install
186,809 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, OBT), 67 guests, and 413 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024