Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Years ago I looked after all of the Banque National (National Bank) branches in the area.

One particular install was in an unmarked main floor office of a downtown office tower. It was the money clearing house where all of the Brinks trunks delivered and picked the bags of cash.

Imagine stacks and stacks (2-3 feet tall) of bills. Needless to say it was like Fort Knox getting in and out of the place. The employees were very nonchalant about having several millions of dollars laying around.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
Atcom VoIP Demo
VoIP Demo
KLD Offline
Yep, Federal Prison, Military Prison, State Prison, Woman's State Prison, done a few "bank jobs", and all kinds of hush hush Federal systems as well as NASA installs....BUT....why a Coast Guard set of ships?...in Kansas???? :shrug:

Ken
---------
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Originally posted by KLD:
....BUT....why a Coast Guard set of ships?...in Kansas???? :shrug:
Maybe, preparation for if & when it becomes the new west coast... :shrug:

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
"Branch Office" for an insurance agent who had a spectacular tree house on his property.

On the tunnel boring machine for the Light Rail Tunnel under a Mpls/St Paul airport runway

Eye surgery operating room - had to suit up

Hide tanning processing area with very slippery floors

Former funeral home and when I told the new tenant it's history, he moved out

Potato chip factory - found lots of mice droppings

Bob

With all the variables involved, I am amazed when any voice and data technology works like it is supposed to.
Former state mental hospital, tunnels everywhere (no nuts). Soo locks, ship was passing over the top of the tunnel I was in, Fedral job (lots of nuts).

Definition of an I.T. expert: A Person with the telephone number of the Person with the answer.
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Originally posted by KLD:
Yep, Federal Prison, Military Prison, State Prison, Woman's State Prison, done a few "bank jobs", and all kinds of hush hush Federal systems as well as NASA installs....BUT....why a Coast Guard set of ships?...in Kansas???? :shrug:
I remember the first prison I worked in, went carrying my tool bag over my shoulder in the front door and the lady at the check-in station said "Sir, you need to inventory and write down everything in that bag"..... I said, give me just a minute, I'm going to take this bag back out to the truck and only bring in what I think I'll need.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Fish distribution company in Newark, NJ. CCTV system. The office areas and loading docks were not bad. It's when they decided to add a few cameras to the MASSIVE freezer when thing began to suck. Nothing but a parka, we were taking turns, 10 min's in, 10 min out. Took a while but we got done. If I recall thoses cameras cost a small fortune due to the temp in the freezers

I Swear I did not touch anything bash
We also did one of the largest mortuary complexes in the Los Angeles area. Many tunnels which actually made running the MM fiber between buildings fairly easy. Finally, we had to go into the room where the people were laid out on slabs being enbalmed. Unfortunately, there was a child there as well as older people.

Wild Card Boxing Gym in Hollywood, CA. Walking around you almost have to bob and weave to avoid getting hit by the people working out on the heavy bags.

The usual hospitals, funeral homes, poultry plant, etc... The worst is a "rendering" plant. It is where chicken bits (guts, feet, all the indedibles) are dumped, cooked and rendered into protein powder for animal food. You could smell the place from miles away and if you are there for more than a couple of hours the stench soaks in your hair and skin. When I would work there my wife made me sleep in another room for a couple of nights until the smell would wear off. We had them as a customer for probably 20 years and they closed the plant last year...I feel bad for the folks who lost their jobs but we will never have to work in chicken guts again:)

RIP Moderator-General
RIP Moderator-General
Like most of you the usual places...funeral homes, prisons...AT&T Underground switching center in Ohio..the kind with the 4 foot think concrete doors..that was cool..but probably the wierdest one was back in the old station day's with Ma Bell..back in the 70's..had a lady who wanted a 500 set installed in a closet in the bedroom (huh?)..no ringer and wanted to know how to lift the receiver without being heard...??? Come to find out after some questions her hubby was messing around and she wanted to catch him talking to the "girl friend"..I felt kinda sorry for the fella (must have been a guy thing) anyway about 6 months later I see in the local papers court news..they were getting a divorce..Must have worked !!!!
As they say crime doesn't pay.... wink

Bob Wells
WellComm, Inc.

"As long as nobody's dead or in jail, it can't be all that bad ! "
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics93,740
Posts636,411
Members49,619
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
Today's Birthdays
CapeTownCraig, David S McCullough, Deshmukh_San
Newest Members
RockyTop, Homer Domer, Lane, AMS Technology C, Chrontel
49,618 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
jsaad 7
Toner 7
Who's Online Now
1 members (blentz), 85 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: Business Phone Systems | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2022