web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Today I moved a Dsu2 08/16. Not much to the system but 4 lines coming in and about 10 stations. The system does have VM and ATI device. Ive got 2 problems and they may be related. The 66 block was labeled 10 thru 25 with a sharpie on the side. Its my understanding that the stations start at #10 on the block (White Blue / Blue pr). The POC on site told me that there was never an ext 10 and it started at 11---the receptionist. Sure enough on the blue pair is where ext 11 was sitting and I cross connected to the appropriate station cable. I went to the phone to call in and ext 11 chirped about 1/2 a second, then just went silent, with the co line light flashing orange. you can still answer the line , you just dont get much ringinig... just a short chirp. Call forward is off, ringing is all the way up, DND is off. when i get the Auto Attendant and proceed to dial the ext directly is goes silent for about 10 sec then i get her voice mail. Right now I have a phone that is close to her ring. Thats how she hears when a call is comming in. This is just a temp fix for now. Ive already set up direct day ringing numerous times for this station. I still just get the chirp. Also switched phones. Still get a chirp. Any suggestions and help is welcome.Thanks in advance. MIke

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

sounds like the ringer is turned off. That is what the phone will do when it is turned off. go to the phone and adjust the ringer volume.

OP Offline
Ive done that already. Its all the way up. Thanks for a promt response though.

OP Offline
In VDT programming, when you program direct day ringing and it asks you for a station number. They do mean station # , NOT PORT #. Am I correct on this?

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
It's not forwarded by chance is it? That will give a short tone also.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
OP Offline
No I checked that too. If it was being fwded, it would show on the display correct? ALthough there is a light that always seems to be red on this phone. Its next to a feature button that is labeled speaker. I assumed this was for station to station calling.

[This message has been edited by gonejamon (edited July 25, 2005).]

OP Offline
Tried that too. It is in day mode. I even switched it to night mode and it gets the VM as it should. Thanks. Would you happen to know why the stations start at 11? Or is this just the way the prior installer
programmed it? I thought there was always a #10.

[This message has been edited by gonejamon (edited July 25, 2005).]

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Flexible Station Numbering, for some strange reason they may have changed it as you can only turn night on and off from 10 and 12 so this shows us the 11 is actually port 1. But I have never seen anyone do that and really never tried it, I always use the same numder and added 00's

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited July 25, 2005).]

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
when ya query the button that is lit what is it?

OP Offline
Ill have to try that when i go back. Whats the feat code for button query?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,285
Posts638,781
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,755 Shoretel
188,941 CTX100 install
187,190 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 136 guests, and 103 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024