web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Ryan C Offline OP
OP Offline
The company I work for hasn't had voice mail for a few years. They finally decide to fix their voice-mail system. I am not familiar with anything to do with voicemail, but I decided to give it a shot. Unfortunately, I’ve had no success.

I hooked a monitor and keyboard up to the Comdial computer and I can access the menu. It has the 3 options. Something like "Voicemail", "Exit to DOS" and "Setup Voicemail." So I went into the setup voice mail part and it walked me through it. Pretty simple, but then the computer just hangs and says "Use null modem cable." So I tried going in to the Voicemail and the same thing happens. Even if I exit to DOS the same thing happens.

So I was wondering if you guys could help. I have taken pictures of the system and the message it gives me to maybe help you guys identify the system and then it might make troubleshooting easier. Please help and thanks in advance!

Also, our phones are Comdial Impact.

Here's the pics:
https://www.adaptivemotion.com/files/comdial/Comdial1.jpg
https://www.adaptivemotion.com/files/comdial/Comdial2.jpg
https://www.adaptivemotion.com/files/comdial/Comdial3.jpg
https://www.adaptivemotion.com/files/comdial/Comdial4.jpg

Thanks,
Ryan

[This message has been edited by Ryan C (edited July 26, 2005).]

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

What you seem to have there is a Keyvoice Dos based Corperate or Small Office. The installer seems to have installed Comdial's keylink software for remote maintianence(It looks as if a modem might be hooked up to Com 2). It should continue thru the menu automatically and start the voicemail after a short delay. That it doesn't continue leads me to believe that there's more than just setup issue here. You could reboot and press "F5" to bypass the current autoexec.bat config.sys to go straight to DOS and edit the autoexec.bat and rem out the keylink reference and try to see if that gets you any farther. If you don't understand that then you will probably want to get a professional's help. Also if it hasn't worked in years it would probably be benifical to get a dealer's help as the software is probably in neeed of updating and there has to be a reason it quit working which very well could be hardware issue's

Kerry

------------------
[Linked Image from commsmith.com]
CommSmith \"Forging telephone and data solutions.\"

Ryan C Offline OP
OP Offline
Alright that worked! Now I am into the sytem I might have more questions, but atleast I'm in.

Ryan C Offline OP
OP Offline
Is there a way to change the extension number a phone uses?

The extension number the phone uses is determined by the phone system not the VM. You can have a voicemail box with a different number from the extension but I would not recommend it it causes more hassles than it solves.

Kerry

------------------
[Linked Image from commsmith.com]
CommSmith \"Forging telephone and data solutions.\"

Ryan C Offline OP
OP Offline
Almost there...

One more problem though. We are recording new DVA messages and I'm not 100% sure how to do it.

The manual says:
1. PRESS INTERCOM AND DIAL *#0 8.
(I did this and "DVA TABLE NUM" shows in LCD)
2. CHOOSE the message style.
- DIAL 1 for DISD message style.
- DIAL 2 for DCD message style.
(I dial 1 because thats what style we are going to use)
3. SELECT DVA station ports.
(Now here is where everything stops. I have no idea what this means. The LCD screen says "PORT NUMBER". I do not know what a DVA port number is. I try and DIAL numbers, but it lets me dial 1 number and then gives me that double beep error noise.)
4. DIAL 10-57 OR PRES C10-C57 (LED On = Selected). THEN DIAL #.

Can someone please explain what the port numbers are and how to get to recording new DVA messages.

Thanks,
Ryan

Admin
Admin
You are trying to record a DVA message. This is NOT a voice mail message. They are as different as dogs and cats. You might speed things up by calling a certified tech in your area.

------------------
[Linked Image from commserveinc.com]

Business Phone Systems

[This message has been edited by RATHER BE FISHING (edited July 27, 2005).]

[Linked Image]
Ryan C Offline OP
OP Offline
Unfortunately I am not the boss and trust me calling a service rep has already been suggested. The answer "If our old receptionist could do it you should be able to." So if you could please explain to me at least what these things mean that would be more helpful than stating the obvious. If I can't do it then at least I can explain to my boss why and if I can at least someone in-house would have an idea of how to do these things instead of calling out a service rep. every time something small goes wrong or needs changing.

Thanks,
Ryan

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024