Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#33784 02/06/06 05:48 PM
pammy9 Offline OP
OP Offline
Not sure if I should post in the VOIP, but we have been looking at a phone carrier in my area who offers VOIP service, that is convertable to our phone system. XO communications offers a competative priced package and I'm not convinced it is compatable with our Comdial Impact system. They claimed it would not work with digital phones, and needed a phone system that accepts analog. I thought my system does accept this but not sure how to check. Anyone familiar with this xo service/compatability? Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#33785 02/06/06 06:06 PM
I don't know comdial systems pammy9 , but I do know trunking . If your system is using POTS lines now and not T1/PRI then it accepts analog trunks . Check your latest phone bill to be sure and if you still are unsure contact your present provider for billing clarification . There is other considerations to keep in mind and the Comdial Tech's can answer your questions on that . I hope this helps .

Let It Be , I live in a Yellow Submarine . SCCE
#33786 02/07/06 12:35 AM
Chris,
as long as XO provides the pots line adaptors you should be ok. The internet will be carring the dial tone so in order for your Comdial DSU II to accept the dial tone XO(or any voip provider) should provide you with some sort of device that will convert the dial tone to analog. Like we discussed on the phone, it's not that I think that your system won't be compatible, it's the fact that you would be running your entire business off VOIP. In my opinion, echoing, choppiness and other mishaps that could happen from VOIP just isn't worth it. I also think that VOIP today should only be used for branch offices or telecommuters(interoffice communication). Maybe someday it will be ready, I just don't think its gotten to that point yet.

#33787 02/07/06 01:29 AM
I would hold off also. NuVox sells a similar service in our area and it has issues. Not worth the money you might save.

#33788 02/10/06 03:44 PM
I agree that many solutions are not ready for prime time. However the solution as I described in the following post has been working well if all the necessary steps are taken. Too often those who want VOIP-want cheap-and that's part of the problem. https://www.sundance-communications.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/30/t/000027.html

ElectSys Tech LLC
Hosted Phone Systems Solutions Provider
Allworx, Sangoma, FreePBX
Telephone & computer systems in the Jefferson City, Columbia MO area.
#33789 02/10/06 05:38 PM
I have a customer who switched from SBC to Vonage, 5 member hunt. Vonage had call waiting on the first number, and didn't tell customer this. If you order a hunt group why would you need call waiting on the first member? They also have problems with oneway audio, and noway audio. Regardless they want us to solve their problems, that they inflicted upon themselves. Some businesses set themselves up for failure, listen to your local vendor for trunking advice.

#33790 02/11/06 03:25 AM
Here are my 2 cents. I am finding in the Chicago area a couple different services.
A T-1 where you order so many lines and so much bandwidth. For example: 10 line hunt group delivered as analog loop start lines and 512K bandwidth for internet. Not matter what, you always have the same bandwidth.
A T-1 that is dynamic. The analog lines are compressed to 28K and the bandwidth will fluctuate for internet. This type of service is giving us a lot of trouble. We have noticed echo and low volume at times. Probably the biggest problem we have however is the compression. It is prohibiting us from dialing in to the internal modem on FXII's. We went around in circles with Comdial for a month before we figured this out. Replaced all the common equipment. And with parking in the city at $25 a visit and an hour drive in, that is a big hit.
So at this point I am not very happy with T-1 #2. These cheaper circuits (I've seen them priced from 400.00 and up for lines and internet)
Anyone else experience this kind of problem? Any resolution?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,285
Posts638,781
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,755 Shoretel
188,948 CTX100 install
187,190 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 102 guests, and 184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024