web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#34697 06/17/06 10:22 AM
OP Offline
I was explaining the call park feature the other day to a cutomer and am confused a bit myself. Lets say you get an incoming call and its for Bob on ext 102. But Bob is on another call and you dont want to interrupt him. I always thought that you could press the call park button, the ext 102 button, then hang up the handset. The caller it then put on hold by the system and as soon as Bob is done with his call he hangs up and the set will ring at his extension with the parked call. I tried this a dozen times and it would not ring that extension, but the light was blinking quickliy. Is this how it usually done or am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#34698 06/17/06 12:16 PM
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
It can be confusing at times. See if this helps. I hope this is correct.
Call Park is not Hold. Call Park is not Transfer. Call Park is Call Park.
You can generally use Hold:
1. When you have line appearances on all of your phones
2. When you need to get something, or do something else, but still have the caller "on" your phone--put the call on hold or exclusive hold. If you forget about the call--the hold timer gives you a nice little beep after the programmed time has expired.

Call transfer can be used when:
1. The caller wants to talk to someone other than you and you can either transfer call announce the caller or you can blind transfer and let the system then do what it is programmed to do.
2. You can blind or call announce transfer if there are line appearances or not.

Call Park is where you can put a call "in orbit" and let the system know what "orbit" you want to put it in (e.g. an extension number). The owner of that extension can then pick up THAT call by pressing park and that particular "orbit" or extension number FROM ANY PHONE. It can be used when there are no line appearnces on the phones (except for the Attendant phones) or it can be used when there ARE line appearances. It will NOT ring the extension. That is what a transfer does. It would defeat the purpose of the Park feature to have the phone ring. The tricky part with Park--is that you have to let the person know that there is a caller on Park. 1. Have an external paging system. 2. Set up Internal Page groups of extensions. 3. Holler. 4. Use the OHVA feature (page 26) Pages 15, 18, 19, 27, 28, of the user guide that I have describe Park, Transfer & Hold. Happy reading & Good Luck.

#34699 06/17/06 12:18 PM
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
First, it depends on the firmware version. The older firmware had Call Park working differently, where it really wasn't useable. They "improved" it, so it's really a lot like the Directed Station Hold on other Comdial systems.

Before the change, I would go as far as removing the button from the phones. Now, I usually leave it, unless I need the extra button. I briefly explain to customers how it works, and then usually say how other methods would work out better for them. I don't think many customers end up using it.

#34700 06/17/06 01:21 PM
5 Years:
F32(the first new Dx-80 I sold)had Park ringing. not at the station, I think, but just ringing in callers ear --instead of MOH. I had sold the system to a customer who used Park on their old DSU w/Impression software alot. When that happened with the F32 they got real loud. I immediately called Comdial support and got the first chip of A33 or F33 (I think). Anyway, it solved the problem. The support techs were really helpful, but until they Parked on their own shop F32--they didn't believe me.

We have a system where there are about 8-9 "support" people with all of the lines appearing. We have the rest of the phones with no line appearances. Calls are parked, then different internal page groups are on keys. Support call announce transfers(if no response)--then Parks--then pages--and, if nothing happens after the Park/Page process--she gets the caller back and slams them into VM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,289
Posts638,796
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,352 Shoretel
189,016 CTX100 install
187,393 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 6
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (nfcphoneman), 128 guests, and 410 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024