Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
oleg Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi there,

We have a Key office VM system integrated into our G1632 DSU system. We'd like to be able to have multiple phones (of the same or different extension) to RING when the caller wants to reach a receptionist. She walks around the office a lot while callers are trying to reach her by pressing "0" - which transfers to her extension.

We have setup 3-4 phone stations around the office for her but our phone consultant claims that there's no way to have them ring simultaneously. They say that Departmental calling does not work over the Intercom on our G1632 system. Setting up the same extension on multiple phones did not work either for some reason. The only option they offered was to have a phone call to roll-over to another extension if not picked-up at the original extension.

I'd like to have a "second opinion" on that. I've read the manual and it does mention the Departmental calling feature via Intercom. Which tells me that it should work.

Thanks a lot,
Oleg

Atcom VoIP Demo
VoIP Demo
This can be done but not on an intercom call. Must be Outside line when transfered it will ring phones with dcd ring all for that group of phones. Just call your local installer to have it set up should be a breeze. There was a post a couple of slots down with the same question

Moderator-Comdial
Moderator-Comdial
Your consultant is correct. A work around is to install a Data Interface Unit to the operators extension then connect a cordless phone. You need at least 18A software for this to work.

oleg Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by TELCOM:
This can be done but not on an intercom call. Must be Outside line when transfered it will ring phones with dcd ring all for that group of phones. Just call your local installer to have it set up should be a breeze. There was a post a couple of slots down with the same question
Thank you,

I couldn't find the post. But I wanted to try that too but they said that our G1632 does not support transfer to the Outside line.

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Here is the thread that was mentioned:

https://www.sundance-communications.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/2/t/001479.html

but it was referring to a DSUII, which I believe had more options for the DCD than the DSU did. Wasn't the DSU missing the Ring-All feature for DCD?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics93,737
Posts636,402
Members49,615
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
Today's Birthdays
effedisk, hellbender, Pat Amaral, Zip
Newest Members
AMS Technology C, Chrontel, RonZ1971, Michael1948, lllDez
49,615 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
jsaad 7
Toner 6
Who's Online Now
1 members (Michael1948), 29 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: Business Phone Systems | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2022