Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
topher Offline OP
OP Offline
Okay, well if that's all it's worth...then so be it.

I was thinking there might have been a market for them as 4 of them are being sold on ebay right now, refurbed. [won't post price, but its effecient]

It requires proprietary phones, so I can't use 2500 sets, right?

On second thought, I might hit Ed up smile

Kristopher
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Topher:

I have a boatload of 3503, 3508 and 6414 phones if you are interested in them. They are equipment that was removed from service, mostly from schools. Like I said, I have plenty if you need them, cheeeeep.

It's true, there is no display model phone for this system, and yes, there is no system clock. It's still a pretty solid system and one of the few KSU's that was 100% manufactured in USA.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Carl,
The system he has is old enough to vote. It was a work horse in it's day and could still be useful in the right enviroment.

The 6700 series do not work with that system and they are not, and were not, "junk" now or in their day.

Also, it is pre-clock days, so there is no display phone for that system.

I see you have only 17 posts, so welcome to the board, here's a heads up; Be careful what you refer to as junk. Old and outdated yes.
So old it's a doorstop, fine. Junk? not a good use of the word.
Mark

topher Offline OP
OP Offline
Well I assume that by the red power light, it means that it's powered up just fine. It hadn't been powered up for probably at least 3 years MINIMUM. If it doesn't work, no loss.

Kristopher
You will not be able to access voicemail,pagers or other postdial devices very well with that vintage ksu,later versions had upgraded chip

topher Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, I understand that it's very very feature limited, but I don't have a need to access voicemail, pagers, or postdial. It probably wouldn't be connected to an outside line anyway. Farthest it would go is to connect to my norstar for some testing.

As others have said, there is no interest of these systems in the market, and they aren't very comparable to modern-day systems.

I appreciate everyone's input in helping me with this system. I might hit up for some programming info also, if anybody knows some. I sent a PM to Ed about phones.

Apparently, back in it's day this was a good system eh Mark?

Kristopher
Admin
Admin
The Comdial Executech and ExecII's were GREAT systems. Back in the day, we sold a whole sh..load of 'em. In 1986 or so, you had a choice of about 3 major brands, and (bad mouth coming) TIE was working on their end plan where Ameritech got put into the top of the queue for Delphi 6 systems (the blue metal cabinet forerunner to the blue plastic cabinet). It left a lot of interconnects unhappy with TIE and Comdial came along with the buy one, get one free Executech. Never mind that the phones were very pricey, those cabinets were awesome!

My absolute favorite was the 1432B. It used all of the phones, including the less than stellar 6700 series :-), had a clock, SMDR, terminal programming, and you seldom needed a manual to do anything with it because the programming was intuitive in the box.

Point of reference, the 35xx phones had button problems. The customer could mash the hold button and pop the plastic posts that held the keystrip to the pad. Now the buttons fell into the phone, making it tough to dial....
Some customers NEVER had a problem and others kept doing it again and again. I think Sandman made a living out of selling repair kits for the phones.

One of my last 67xx customers with a 2000 box is moving to a new building this summer, so I guess it's time to retire those pieces.

Carl

Topher your KSU was made in Charlottesville Vriginia in early June of 1989. Ed should have everything you need, but if not let me know.
Mark is right about the 67 series phones on both accounts, they will not work on that system and they are a good phone.

I also have to agree with Mark and CMDL GUY. I still have 8 of those systems out and working, and thanks to KTI, they are still keeping the phones working. Also have a 616 an 816, and a 1432, new in boxes. Have a 1432 that I removed when I installed a new DX80. Those systems just never die. Yeah, they didn't do much, but THEY DID IT WELL. We also never found the 67XX series to be junk either, and I do have all the manuals in my truck still.

RUSS K.
topher Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the Info guys,

I am very eager to see what this system can offer, I have downloaded a manual for it, and should have phones arriving soon smile

I searched the forum and found one of Ed's old posts on the model names/numbers of the phones. It was very helpful.

Kristopher
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,288
Posts638,794
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,350 Shoretel
188,999 CTX100 install
187,391 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 118 guests, and 391 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024