web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
OP Offline
Interchange 11.x, soon to be upgraded to 12.x (8-port IVPC, possibly to be expanded to 12 ports), for the purpose of using full ECS. FXII 17F.

I may be setting up a customer to use Interchange 12.0 ECS with the agent and supervisor applets, reports, etc.

Does anyone have anything to share about this, that might help me along the way? Good and bad experiences? Things to watch out for? Time needed to implement?

Thanks!

Justin

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

FOLLOW the programming recommendations from Comdial to the "T". One of the biggest issues I have found is that the agents cannot have any group intercoms at all. Do not attempt to send a DID directly to the Customer Service Box, setup a Routing Box with a 1 second of silence recorded as the greeting and send it to the Customer Service Box if no digit dialed after 0 seconds. Could be some more things that may be needed depending on your setup.

Forgot to mention also ensure you have a separate PC running at 850MHZ plus to use as the report server.

OP Offline
So a separate PC, to be used as the reports server (web reports server)?? I was very suspicious of the need for this, but hadn't yet seen anything documenting stating the need, unless I missed it.

When you ran into this, did you know it ahead of time, or was it something where you had to do it after running into problems (moving reports off of the voicemail PC)? What hardware platform was the voicemail on? Was it an enterprise platform, or one of the recent towers?

You are talking about 12.0 ECS, NOT the Conversip Call Center, right?

Justin

It was 12.1 ECS and I have used it mostly on the LSC computers. I learned the hard way on the first implementation. We now sell the user a Dell desktop whenever the request the ECS. It works considerably better than the old 11.0 software level. It can be connected to the network with a static IP but doesn't require joining the domain.

Hi,

Also make sure you are running dialogic boards. It works much better with ecs.

Jim

Jim Hoey

SST Communications
597 West Montauk Highway
Lindenhurst, New York 11757

631 956-0100

www.sstcom.com

Business telephone systems on Long Island and New York City like Comdial, Vertical, Avaya, Panasonic
The Seperate machine for the reports server was to spare the VM machine from grinding to a halt when doing a large query for reports. The SQL query for say, a few months worth of reports data, will steal all the CPU cycles from the VM and possibly interrupt call processing. If you don't generate reports and just use the applets, or your queries and call traffic is minimal, it should be fine on the same machine? What issues did you run into Dir920?
Good call on the Dialogic boards smile

Right. Now I remember. The reports server has a different version of Java and can change the JAVA_HOME path. The same thing happens if you upgrade Java on the VM machine. The result is that the sms service won't start until you tweak some directory paths. Better keep em seperate.

Admin
Admin
UPDATE!!!! If you back up the data on the report server PC and do not stop the MY SQL service it will corrupt. Found this out after fighting reports issues for months. Build a batch file to stop the My SQL, Tomkat, and KVT services, back up and restart.

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 81 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024