web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I've recently installed an FXII VOIP-L card.

I plan to use the card with the iPrimo VOIP phones.

However, I am not a comdial dealer or support rep.

How do I get the software to program the VOIP-L card?

I've been told there is SIP software, the IP Link (phone system to phone system software), and the speakerphone software (to work with the iPrimo).

Apparently I need to load the software on the card through VMMI to make it work? Correct?

Where can I download the file to program the card?

Thank You.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Comdial
Moderator-Comdial
You must be a Vertical/Comdial dealer. SIP and Iprimo are not the same. You have some knowledge of the products but confused. You're going to need a dealer with the right certifications.

OP Offline
I just need the software to install on the VIOP-L to get it to work with the iPrimo phones. I purchased and installed the card myself. VMMI recognized it, I was able to select it in the board configuration menu and tell the system what card I installed. I was able to configure it in the IP Link Boards menu. It was able to be configured with an IP address, and I am able to ping it, and I get a telnet login when I telnet to it.

It sounds like the last thing I need to make this work is the firmware file for the VOIP-L card.

My local Comdial dealer wanted over 6000.00 dollars to install this card. I found one online for a little under 1000.00, its a shame if the last thing needed for this to work is a software file, that only a dealer has access to.

This board does not condone pirating intellectual property. There is a reason these products are sold through trained channels, if you choose to by-pass those channels, you might not get all that you need. A producing company would never recover R&D costs if the heartbeat of the product is given away for free or at a cut rate.

Anyway if you read the terms of service here, you will find that your request oversteps the policy of "user guide" type information for end users.

Welcome to the board. Sorry we can't help you, perhaps Comdial Tech Support could be of service try 1-800 COMDIAL if you don't have a dealer number you can pay for support.
Mark

Reminds me of a police department that a $1,000 Motorola radio was too much (thirty years ago), and wanted to build their own from scratch.

OP Offline
I'm new to the phone system administration thing obviously. As a network administrator, most network hardware companies offer firmware updates and downloads on their websites. I know Linksys and Juniper/Netscreen do, just to name a couple.

My apologies.

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Linksys is a consumer product, sold in your corner consumer electronics and office supply store. Comdial is not. That's one key difference, but I could name many more. It's all a licensing thing, to allow the manufacturer to recoup costs and stay in business. Companies don't stay in business by producing a product and then giving it away. Product licensing, and paying for licenses, isn't a new concept by any means, and is in no way specific to just Comdial. It's not even close to an apples-to-apples comparison to compare a business-grade telecommunications product to a consumer-grade Linksys product.

And by the way, updates and such ARE available on Comdial's DEALER website, available to those who have made a significant investment and committment to learn, sell, and support Comdial's products.

Justin

OP Offline
Ok, I purchased the licenses for the FXVOIP-L. It is now licensed to support 22 iPrimo connections.

I have a question though, where does it say what firmware revision my card is running?

The VOIP-S card that was previously installed in the system, was working well. Is there a way to see what firmware version that card is running so I can compare it to the VOIP-L?

I would like to make sure they both have the same firmware loaded to be able to rule out the firmware revision itself, should a problem ever arise.

Does VMMI show firmware revsion anywhere, or can I tell firware version through telnetting to the card?

Also, can this card support iPrimo phones and a connection to an FXII system in a remote office, or do they only support one function at a time?

Thanks for everyone's help. I appreciate the responses.

Admin
Admin
Hyperterm session will show firmware. Board is for IPrimo OR networking but not both at the same time.

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
Thanks again for your help.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024