web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
The system took a lightning strike a couple of weeks ago that re-set programming to default and took out the maintenance port.
I replaced the DXCPU and was able then to get into the program mode and restore program from backup.
After doing this I found that several exts. had distorted transmission on handset and speakerphone. All of these exts. were on the same DXDST-16 card which is in UNV slot 6 of the expansion cabinet. I have verified that the problem is in the KSU and not the cabling. I have replaced the DXDST-16 card but that did not clear trouble. All of these are in a remote building that was closest to the lightning strike. I have replace surge protection on both ends of cable since I found a couple of bad protectors that had 2 stations totally dead.
I suspect one or both of the interface cards. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
I would suspect the DXSRV (services board), on first instinct, based on what you described.

Have had same problem and chased it for weeks. If what Justin suggested doesn't work and you have a DXAUX board in the system remove it and check for noise.

Hmm. Interesting thought, Dlr920.

I wonder if there's any chance of my recent, similar problem on an FXT being a bad MAUX board. I don't know I've run across a situation where the AUX board has also gone bad, along with the two others (CPU and SRV).

Justin

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,315 CTX100 install
187,088 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
dexman 2
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 154 guests, and 380 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024