web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
1959mvp Offline OP
OP Offline
The company I work for recently acquired a Comdial DX 80 with Corporate Office 4 Port Flash, and I have the job of installing this system and getting it to work. Please note I am not a professional installer but a end user, but I have a decent understanding of what needs to be done if I have some basic direction.

First question, I have connected windows PC-DBA to the system primarily to upload the preset database with the AA4Port configuration, and I am getting an application runtime error terminating it before the upload. So I am wondering if someone would lay out some basic steps to getting this system online. I have all the books manuals and software for this system.

Thanks for your help!

Comdial DX-80 with 4-Port Corporate Office Flash VM
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Hmmmmm......

Without a doubt, your best bet would be to get a local tech with good knowledge of the DX-80 and its voicemail. When he/she is on site they can make sure everything is working like it's supposed to--and then train you on whatever you want to do---programming the system at the same time they are training. It will be time well spent.

This is NOT a plug & play system. Telephone installers with 15 years of experience in the business, who do this for a living---and have a "decent understanding of what needs to be done"---would (if they're smart" ask for on site help for the first time they're installing & programming this system. I know I would.

Your first question is indicative of the situation. I would ask you back:

1. What version of system software do you have?
F28?? F32?? F39?? F40??
2. What version of windows PCDBA do you have?

We're looking for compatability here. Some of the earlier versions of DX-80 software--you had to have the same version of PCDBA.

3. Do you have everything set up right??

4. Is everything plugged in the right DB9
connectors--SMDR--PCDBA---Voicemail??

5. Do you have the right kind of connecting
cable?

Well, you get the picture.

If you want to do this all by yourself---be prepared to spend quite a few hours of trial and error. If you read and memorize the manual and userguides--you still might need some help. Trust me--it's much easier with someone who really knows the system and its programming. Much quicker--less money involve--unless you're doing it for free.

Some of the Comdial Mods may get in here and have some other information. At any rate--Welcome to the board--and let us know how everything turns out.
Good Luck.

1959mvp Offline OP
OP Offline
So far the only connection I have made is from my computer to the DX-80 vis DB9 on the CPM. I have it in the correct port per the CPM card label, as it is labeled PC-DBA, not SMDR. I am using a pass through serial cable. This connects but returns a runtime error when I try to upload a database.

PC-DBA version-F39

KSU Version-F42

I am still working on getting the connection going for Keylink to Corporate Office board at this point.

Thanks for your help

Comdial DX-80 with 4-Port Corporate Office Flash VM
if the ksu is 42 and the pcdba is 39 that is probably your runtime error. 42 has some programming bins that 39 doesn't. You could use 42 pcdba on a 39 system, but not in reverse. Even if you had everything you need, I would encourage you to take JW's advice.

Good Luck, you will need it. For your future reference, technical questions like this should be in the installer forum, after you qualify for admission.

Hi,

JW is right on the money. You will waste so much of your time and it will not work right. Bring in a person who knows the Comdial DX 80 system. It would be like me trying to rebuild a car engine. It would never work right after I was done. Sometimes you need to know when to pay somebody for their knowledge. As far as adm on the system after the install of course you could do that if you want but the install is best left to people who know what they are doing. Hope this saves you alot of trouble. Good luck.

Jim Hoey
SST Communications
Long Island, New York

Jim Hoey

SST Communications
597 West Montauk Highway
Lindenhurst, New York 11757

631 956-0100

www.sstcom.com

Business telephone systems on Long Island and New York City like Comdial, Vertical, Avaya, Panasonic

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,113 Shoretel
187,717 CTX100 install
186,810 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (JBean3329), 50 guests, and 422 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024