web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Customer has a keyphone in a very noisy area and wants visual and audible indications when his phone is called from another extension (not on incoming calls). I can use an 8024 phone, use the aux jack for ringer and attach a Valcom horn to the aux jack to accomplish the "loud ring" part. I don't see a way to also have a strobe light flash when the phone rings. The only alternative may be an analog phone with something like a Wheelock UTA loud ringer with a strobe. Any other ideas?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Doesn't Vicking have an analog strobe?

Use any Comdial telephone you want and set up another extension that is a Viking strobe/chime to ring at the same time as the digital telephone.

Steve

OP Offline
Keep in mind they want the strobe/ringer to work only on calls to this extension from other extensions. For example the strobe/ringer is attached to x120. When x120 is called from another phone they want the loud ringing/strobe flashing, no incoming calls from the outside ring at this phone. This is strictly for extension to extension calling. How would I set up tampasteve's scenario on a DSU II?

You would need an analog port for the chime/strobe. Then program the analog ext. to ring at the same time as x120. You might need an ATID (Comdial digital to analog converter) for the analog ports if you do not have any open. I have used the Wheelock chime in noisy environments (busy restaurant kitchen) with satisfaction from the customer. The Wheelock UTA-WH-VPS is a combo strobe and chime.

Steve

DSU11 does not have an option to ring a digital and a SLT port at the same time on an intercom call. I would wire a Valcom amplified speaker to the speaker in the phone, turn it all the way up on the "stun" setting. If that doesn't get their attention I doubt a light would help.

Hmm, I did not know that (we did it on a Vodavi), thanks for the heads up for the future!

Steve

OP Offline
I would also think a Valcom horn cranked up would do the trick, but the user seems stuck on having a flashing light also.

SIMPLE, INSTALL AN ATI-D AND ADD JACK NEXT TO EXISTING PHONE. RENUMBER DIGITAL EXTENSION AND MAKE NEW ATI-D PORT THE ORIGINAL EXTENSION. CONNECT A HORN/STROBE TO ANALOG JACK WITH ORIGINAL EXTENSTION FOR INTERCOM CALLS. PROGRAM NEW DIGITAL EXTENSION FOR INCOMING CALLS. AND PROGRAM A PICK-UP BUTTON ON DIGITAL EXTENSTION SO YOU CAN ANSWER INTERCOM CALLS. THIS WILL GIVE YOU EXACTLY WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 154 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024