web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I ordered a new phone (Comdial Impact 8012s)and when I plugged it in it did not work. No lights, no dialtone, no nothing except it had in the readout "No Communication" and just under that it had IC039-101.03A. Does anyone know what this means or could direct me to a resource to find what this code means?

Frenchie
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

It could be a few things. First plug in a good phone into that same jack. Does it work? If yes return phone it is bad. If no call installer in to fix jack.

Jim Hoey
SST Communications
Long Island, New York
631 956 0100

Jim Hoey

SST Communications
597 West Montauk Highway
Lindenhurst, New York 11757

631 956-0100

www.sstcom.com

Business telephone systems on Long Island and New York City like Comdial, Vertical, Avaya, Panasonic
Welcome to Sundance Tech-Talk welcome

I've seen that message when you plug an Impact phone (digital) into an analog port or a POTS line. Are you replacing a defective set? What kind of system are you working on?

Admin
Admin
Do you have other Impact sets on your system? An Impact plugged into a system with Impression or NonImpact software will give that result also.

[Linked Image]
You will get that message if the jack is a multiple of another digital phone as well as what has been stated above.

Where in Virginia are you located?

OP Offline
Other Impact phones work in the jack where it is plugged into. The system is a Comdial system with a KSU that has 12 other phones on the system. I've tried the phone in several other jacks but it does the same thing. The fellow that I bought it from only had these two phones and both were in factory fresh boxes. I live in Charlottesville - the "use to be" Capital of Comdial. Does anyone know what the code means? I was an electronic tech in the service many years ago and am not afraid to take it apart if the code is trying to tell me something that I can repair.

Frenchie
Other Impact phones work in the jack where it is plugged into.

You have a bad phone. I'm in Charlottesville and have those phones. I bet someone plugged it in at home. There is nothing in that code which is related to a repair.

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Doesn't the "code" just state the firmware version of the phone?

Justin

OP Offline
Thanks for everyones input. I'm just wondering, what usually breaks when this phone is a "bad phone"? Does someone refurb them? If I take it apart and repair it, I let you know what I did to fix it - if I can. If not it'll make a nice paper weight wink

Frenchie
If not it'll make a nice paper weight

It's already a paper weight, without the drawings your wasting your time. If you need a phone call me, I'm in C-ville every day.

Send me a PM if you need a price.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,288
Posts638,794
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,350 Shoretel
189,000 CTX100 install
187,391 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 134 guests, and 382 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024