web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#41714 11/12/09 06:08 AM
oscar34 Offline OP
OP Offline
My Small Office Lite system crashed and wouldn't restart. I replaced the power source and everything booted up perfect...only problem was that the message-waiting light (at one station) was activated whether there was a new message or not. I lived with it for several weeks 'til i had time to investigate. yesterday i was able to turn it off using the ITCM #3 command, but now it doesn't activate when I get a new voice mail. (It will light-up using ITCM *3 command.)

Did I screw something up when I replaced the power source?

Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

John

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
What is the Small Office hooked up to? A comdial phone system or different brand?

Are the ports in the correct order?

Are the ports using serial notification or DTMF for message wait lights?

[Linked Image]
oscar34 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for helping!

In order of your questions.

1. Phone system is a Comdial(Impact) system.

2. Not sure I know what you're asking about the ports. I didn't disconnect anything at the phone system end. the only connections at the voice mail system were two RJ-11's (and monitor and keyboard). I've tried swapping the RJ-11's, but that didn't fix my problem.

3. Serial, I think. Again, not positive I know what you're asking, but on the "mailbox" screen, in the "sequence to turn on message waiting lamp", it says serial.

Admin
Admin
Verify that when you press the VMAIL key in the display of your telephone that the first port of voice mail goes off hook. Ring out each port of voice mail and make sure they answer in the correct order.

[Linked Image]
oscar34 Offline OP
OP Offline
when i press TRANSVM, the system says port 1 is playing greeting...which it does, and allows me to log into VM.

When i press the "message" button, I get nothing for a few seconds and then it hangs up. The monitor shows no change on the lines. (The message button never did allow me to go to VM, unless it was lit. If I wanted to got to VM and it wasn't lit, I had to hit TRANSVM and login as I would from an outside line.)

Can you please explain what you mean by "ring out each port of voice mail"? I'm a novice, with just enough knowledge to be dangerous. Guess that's how I got in this position in the firt place ;-)

Thanks.

Admin
Admin
If you have a 4 port voice mail then each of the ports will have an individual intercom number assigned. They are usually in a row like 22,23,24,25. You have to find those extension numbers and dial them to ensure the correct intercom is assigned to the correct port. You should also have a cord going from a serial port on the voice mail to a com port on the phone system. That is what enables the message lights to work with serial integration. No cord=no lights.

[Linked Image]
oscar34 Offline OP
OP Offline
Sorry, you said in the display. Yes, when i hit VMAIL on the display, it says line one is waiting for password. (had the headset enabled, so didn't see VMAIL in the display.)

oscar34 Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes, 22, 23, 24, 24, activated lines 1, 2, 3, and 4 respectively.

oscar34 Offline OP
OP Offline
sorry, typo last time. 22, 23, 24, and 25. activated 1,2,3,4 respectively.

Admin
Admin
OK ports are in order...check the serial cable I spoke about.

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,099 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,799 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Professor Shadow, Toner), 178 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024