web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#421772 05/28/03 04:59 PM
clgjr Offline OP
OP Offline
pvj, I need your asistance. well i installed my eproms v2.6 and got the vt and vmmsg keys i desired. My only problem now is that i still can't seem to get my voicemail msg keys to lite. I'am using a prophet lite and the settings say that *84X is the message on string and that *71X is the msg off string where x is the ext. voice mail is set for 3 digits. should i be able to put a butt-set on the sli ports and dial *84201 and lite the key for 201 ? another question if i setup a mailbox say for group 502 and create a mailbox 502 how would a be able to have a msg key for that mailbox on a phone for visual indication? also just for reference I have 2 ports 217 and 218 in a voicemail group 529 also assigned as voicemail ports and vm/aa group .Thanks for your help!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#421773 05/29/03 04:55 AM
pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
I'm not sure where you got those codes from.I have never hooked up a third party voicemail to a Samsung but try 41E for light on,42E for off.Ok I have tried this and the code listed above works for a meassage key only not the VMMSG key.I think you will have to put a standard message key on the sets to get message waiting indication.To retrieve the voicemail message you should press speaker or pick up the handset first then press the flashing message button.If you press message first,your display will show message fromXXX and your soft key REPLY would then be pressed.Alternatively you could leave the VMMSG key on the sets as a 1 touch voicemail access.But now you are strating to use up the keys on the set with a message,vt and a vmmsg key.It appears the VMMSG ket can only be lit by the Samsung voicemail plug in cards.
Yes you can put a buttset on the sli port set up for the voicemail system and try it.You can only have 1 voicemail key per extension.I am guessing you are trying to set up a genaral mailbox,that's fine take the message in mailbox 502 and then forward the message to another mailbox ex 201.That's one way around it.
Let me know if you need more help,good luck.

[This message has been edited by pvj (edited May 29, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by pvj (edited May 29, 2003).]

#421774 05/29/03 05:13 PM
clgjr Offline OP
OP Offline
thanks pvj, Yeah i found that out today around noon time. I called samsung for the first time in a year or two, which i do have a certification on dcs among others. The guy at samsung first told me you could not put a third party voicemail on compact dcs because of the message waiting! No sooner than I hung-up he calls back saying he made a mistake that "yeah 41 on 42 off but using regular msg key and that he was'nt sure if it would work with vmmsg key".
So as far as i know you can't lite the vmmg key without samsungs propritery voicemails. I tried it, no luck. But i did however program three keys on every phone vmmsg, vt and msg keys. what confused me was in prophet lite setup. In the pbx selection there were samsung 2 digit,samsung 3 digit, samsung dcs 3 digit and samung dcs 4 digit. I choose samsung dcs 3 digit. i saw that p84xxx was msg on p 74xxx was msg off. Thinking that would actually lite the vmmsg key.Actually the samsung 3 digit was the right selection but i thought i was for something like the old prostar 56 unit. Anyway its all working great now and by the way after defaulting the memory the weird problem with ring line preference cleared up!thanks for all your help

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024