web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
flnico Offline OP
OP Offline
I've been put to the task of somehow restricting access to long distance dialing from our office without an id or code of some sort. Additionally I need a way to output is information of the calls used with the id or code for accounting purposes. In other words the company needs to give an employee and long distace id/code and be able to print or see some kind or report periodicly. I'm just not sure if this is something this specific phone system is capable of. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

The software for the 1224 is identical to the Samsung 56/136. You can restrict anyone from long distance, and provide account codes for long distance dialing and print out on a printer.

flnico Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you, I'm glad to hear that. Can anybody give me a quick crash course on what mmc it is and if there's any tricks/tips

E-mail me when we can talk.

flnico Offline OP
OP Offline
Unfortunatly I wasn't able to communicate with Phoneman123 so is there anybody else who can lend a hand ? I greatly appricaite it.

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
You may want to try pvj or CMDL_GUY

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
on the link above for manuals call manuals plus and buy a manual for the 1224 prostar and make sure it includes the programming section from the 56/120 cpub
you will have to take the telephone data out of the 1224 to a printer and set up the format in the software and cable format.
with out a call accounting system to do the accounting you are going to get a laundry list that would have to review every call
manually and kill many trees printing call records
you will also have to set up account codes in programming
if your just trying to stop abuse restrict phones and have operator pass dial tones
and restrict all but a few phones
if your trying to track telemarketers calls
dump call records into a call accounting machine so you can track calls /x that made them by ext trunk /time / etc
i you are billing calls to accts ie attournies / accountants you need a call accounting system

[This message has been edited by KENB (edited October 13, 2004).]

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
I've never dealt with the 1224 but yes if you can get your hands on the manual it's going to make your life a lot easier to do this and other programming you need to do.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,813 Shoretel
188,970 CTX100 install
187,204 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (hitechcomm, Carl Navarro, RATHER BE FISHING), 96 guests, and 180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024