web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#422394 10/23/04 07:17 AM
LisaG Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi- I went to reprogram my ringer for line one after our electric went out. I pushed the button for line one, got a dial tone, but when I went to hit the #key- I keep getting a busy signal, how do I correct this so I can reprogram the ringer? Thanks in advance if someone is able to help!!

Lisa
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#422395 10/23/04 07:36 AM
go to post lower in questions and you will
see the keystrokes for ringing
title is 816 at receptionist about 5 down
also look at post below about single line phone not working
after you get past the answres on the single
line phon e you will see additional info about lines and assignment
it sounds like you lost most or all of your programming so look above at link fo r manual s for manuals plus
get a book on 816 pro star and email me with questions or i can talkyou throught on the phone

[This message has been edited by KENB (edited October 23, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by KENB (edited October 23, 2004).]

#422396 10/23/04 07:44 AM
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Lisa:

Do your programming from the 4th station on your system. That is the default programming station and default main attendant station. Sounds as if your system has gone back to default and has lost all of its programming.

#422397 10/23/04 07:50 AM
LisaG Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi,
Thanks for getting back to me so fast. I will try programming it back from what I read in the previous posts as you suggested, but I have to admit- this is my husbands area of expertise and he wont be home until late this eve- I need my ringer working. I need to figure out how to get the busy signal off when I hit the #key, as it wont allow me to begin programming? I will try once more with these other instructions- if no luck will post back. Thanks again!!

------------------
Lisa

Lisa
#422398 10/23/04 07:56 AM
LisaG Offline OP
OP Offline
Do I do the programming as if I were doing it from line one on station 4?
I have only had to do this once before, and if I remember correctly I was to hit #20-12341# then do I also hit #62 then line 1#?
Thanks!

Lisa
#422399 10/23/04 08:01 AM
LisaG Offline OP
OP Offline
arrrgh, lol- talk about not knowing WHAT I am doing! I am assuming station 4 is the 4th line (button) on phone? If it is, it lights up green for a sec, then shuts off. I cant use that. And- Every time I hit # before using the numbers in front of me, I get a busy yet.

Lisa
#422400 10/23/04 08:24 AM
Lisa:

If you have never programmed a Prostar before, and you don't have the manual---then you may have to wait until your husband comes home. Do you have a Prostar phone that has a display on it?? If you do, then perhaps that is Station 4. You should have 8 line buttons above the key pad. Leave those alone. They are line buttons. To the left are your station buttons. Thos should correspond to all the phones that you have at your place-- but you probably don't have all 16. If you push the 4th button from the top, on the left---THAT should be the station that is the default attendant station. After pushing that button---listen to which phone is being made to ring. Go to THAT phone and do the programming. How many phones do you have on the system. Are they all Prostar phones?? Good Luck

#422401 10/23/04 08:30 AM
LisaG Offline OP
OP Offline
I was pushing the buttons above the keypad- oops... now my speaker button is flashing. Wow, this was easy when I reset it before. Ok, I do know where the station buttons are now that you said to the left and yes there are 8. We have 3 working phone lines in the house that I am aware of. One for home, one for our business and one for the fax machine. There is a number listed for the 4th phone line, but not sure if that is working or not? I will try again using the buttons on the left to program as you said in your last post. I hope I havent screwed things up even more now- hubbie will be upset . I will let you know if I have any luck. I do not have a manual or that would have helped. Ok, I will let you know if I have any luck this time. Thanks again.

Lisa
#422402 10/23/04 08:46 AM
LisaG Offline OP
OP Offline
Forgot to mention that they are all prostars and yes it has a display on it, although the one used to reset the programming which is in the basement with a display on it: the LCD screen is blank. My other phones have the correct display on the LCD screen.

I push the 4th button down on the left side, all I recieved was a dial tone, no ringing- I still "TRIED" to hit line one, since that is the line that is not ringing and I still get a busy when I hit the # key. The busy with the # key is stopping me from doing anything.

speaker light is still flashing too. I cant get that off. Not sure what I have done- WONDERFUL [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Thanks again!

Lisa
#422403 10/23/04 08:47 AM
The intercom numbers are 21, 22, 23, 24 etc. In other words, the phone stations (NOT THE LINES) are : button 1(21) button 2 (22) button 3 (23) button 4 (24). Extension 24 (which is button 4 on all of the Prostar phones) is the extension that you progam at. Have you ever intercomed any of your phones? Have you ever talked station to station on your system?? You seem to be getting lines & stations mixed up. Don't worry about the lines. Do not press an outside line key before programming. Leave the line keys alone.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 85 guests, and 234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024