Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Bishop Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello.

This is kind of an interesting question but is there a way that you could connect remotely to a iDCS 500 with a FXS/FXO device such as a Sipura SPA-3000 using VOIP if both sides had high speed internet access?

https://www.sipura.com/products/spa3000.htm

www.patton.com/technotes/fxs_fxo.pdf

Lets say you had a Office in New York but a home in California and you want to be able to.

1. Make intercom calls on phone system (in NY)
2. Access phone system trunks to make phone calls (in NY)

My understanding is that the:

FXO port is used as an OUTBOUND only CO trunk (pots) with its function being initiate calls.

FXS PORT is used line an INBOUND only CO trunk (pots) used to receive calls.

So I'm guessing that you would have both these ports plugged into the C1 trunk card but would only allow calls to be placed on the trunk connected to the FXO port? I guess the FXS port(inbound only) would have to maybe point to the voicemail system which could be used to dial an extension number?

I am totally guessing here and I’m hoping that maybe someone here knows about how this networking works.

Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

remember, an Trunk Port acts as a FXO to the pots line, and an SLI Port acts as an FXS port to the phone.

now, do this:

samsung sli -> Fxo *Asterick Box* -> VoIp -> Remote ATA -> Fxs port.

The remote user would use his FXO Device (Analog Keyset) he would receive a simulated dialtone, he would then pic the FXO Port on the asterick box connected to the samsung, the caller would then here another dialtone, then you can call users on the samsung equipment.

Contract SQL/C# Developer / Network Engineer
* note: i typed that off the top of my head...*

you could also do something with a t1 card and a t1 card on an asterick box and do some did stuff, and what not, but thats beyond me (so far) trying to get boss to buy me a dev kit from digium.

Bishop Offline OP
OP Offline
So the FXO does not plug into the C1 trunk card?

The FXO IS THE C1 trunk card(equivalent) on a VOIP device?

And the FSX is equivalent to the SLI extension on a Samsung system(POTS to another FXO device)?

So if I understand what your saying correctly.

The FXO is like a VOIP C1 Trunk card and the Samsung SLI line will act like POTS to the FXO port?

So calls directed from the iDCS 500 to an offsite location will first start.

1. Calling the analog port from the SLI line( ex 290)
2. SLI extension is connected to the FXO port on the SIPURA SPA-3000
3. SIPURA SPA-3000 will take the call and transfer it to the LAN network connection
4. LAN network connection goes through the INTERNET and connects to another SIPURA SPA-3000(LAN) in the remote location.
5. The SIPURA SPA-3000 in the remote location transfer the call out of the FXS port.
6 The FXS port transfers the calls to the house’s local phone system or as an input in the C1 trunk card(in the remote location)
7. The cycle is complete. A call transferred to an SLI analog port 290 has now ended up in a C1 trunk card in a remote location?
8. So this has basically connected an SLI port(analog output port) on system #1 to a C1 trunk card(analog input port) on system #2

Could this be used to connect a IDCS 500 R1 to an IDCS 100 R1 system?

Do you really need Asterisk Box if you already have 2 samsung systems in 2 different locations and need a very basic connection?

Please let me know if I understand this right?

Thanks.

Bishop Offline OP
OP Offline
So if the situation is you had 2 branch offices that you want to connect with a SPA-3000.

Each office would be treated as an SLI extension?

Office location #1(New York)
1. SLI line goes into FXO input slot on SPA-3000
2. SPA-3000 LAN port connects to the internet and delivers the call to the SPA-3000 in your remote location(California)

Office location #2(California)
3. SPA-3000 #2 has just got a call via Internet(LAN connection) to transfer the call to the FXS slot.
4. FXS slot is connected to the C1 trunk card in your remote Samsung system (California)
5. MMC 406 will route the call from that trunk or it can be given DISA access to the system.

Call from office #1 or office #2 is now complete?

Am I on the right track here?

Thanks.

Would the Samsung SoftPhone option work (installed on your PC) for you or better yet, use IP phones registered on the New York system from the Cal location. All local calling in New York and you still have local intercom calling. DISA hacking has always made me very cautious about using it.

if you were to make an offsite call from the idcs, you would go out on the c1 port connected to an fxs device, then go over the internet, then come into the remove office and be connected to there pots like via an fxo device..

fxo ~ "Analog 1 Line Phone"
fxs ~ "CO Pots Line"

Trunk Cards connect to fxs ports
SLI Cards connect to fxo ports

fxs send ring voltage.

now, those little "Vonage" adapters you purchase or the "phone lines" the cable company gives your are fxs ports and these devices are called ATAs Samsung (for some wierd reason) hasn't release an ata for there system. Why? Becuase then it would make voip much easier for smaller systems.. when you could put an ata at a site that is running an old 816' and just have that tied into one of there analog lines.. and they pick that line to call corporate or make ld calls over a ld provider at there corporate office and reduce the cost for switched rates over there local provider lines..

Bishop Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by Wkstill:
if you were to make an offsite call from the idcs, you would go out on the c1 port connected to an fxs device, then go over the internet, then come into the remove office and be connected to there pots like via an fxo device..

fxo ~ "Analog 1 Line Phone"
fxs ~ "CO Pots Line"

Trunk Cards connect to fxs ports
SLI Cards connect to fxo ports

fxs send ring voltage.

now, those little "Vonage" adapters you purchase or the "phone lines" the cable company gives your are fxs ports and these devices are called ATAs Samsung (for some wierd reason) hasn't release an ata for there system. Why? Becuase then it would make voip much easier for smaller systems.. when you could put an ata at a site that is running an old 816' and just have that tied into one of there analog lines.. and they pick that line to call corporate or make ld calls over a ld provider at there corporate office and reduce the cost for switched rates over there local provider lines..
On Vonage, you can have both outbound and inbound calls on the FXS port. My vonage FXS port is connected to the C1 trunk card where it handels both inbound and outbound calls.

The SPA-3000 is a little bit different from what you are saying?

1. It sounds like on the SPA-3000, the FXS can only process outbound calls which it gets from the C1 trunk card.
Unlike with Vonage,it will not allow inbound calls to come in this way? Is this right?

2. It sounds like you need a FXO port on the other side to allows INBOUND calls? Is this correct?

3. So inbound calls on a SPA-3000 are NOT coming in on a FXS card connected to a C1 trunk card?

4. Inbound calls can only come in on a FXO card which is treated like a phone connected to an SLI card?

5. So the receiving office is receiving a call on an SLI extension(not a C1 extension)?

This is strange because normally I think of it like.

C1 trunk card(Analog line input card brings analog lines into the system
vs
SLI card(Analog output card)

So if I understand what you are saying, using the SPA you have.

FXS-to-C1 trunk card function to send outbound calls on a C1 trunk.

FXO-receives the call and give you access just as if you picked an analog phone connected to an SLI line.

A. So in this example, you would have to dial the trunk connected to the FXS card.
B. You would get dial in your remote location. Just as if you had just picked up an analog phone connected to an SLI line.
C. You can dial an extention number for intercom calls or dial "9" and access a trunk from your remote location.
D. The SPA-3000 creates connection between the C1-trunk card port-to-a-SLI analog port via the internet between 2 systems.

Do I understand this correctly? This is a lot different then have 2 vonage boxes in 2 locations as far as receiving calls goes right?

Thanks.

Bishop Offline OP
OP Offline
Long story short, a call would take this route.

1. Pickup a Samsung regular phone.
2. Dial the trunk number 702
3. Trunk 702 is connected to the FXS card(physically conected to the C1 trunk card.
4. Call goes out on trunk 702-to-FXS-Internet-Remote SPA-300-FXO port-SLI line.
5. Remote FXO port connects just like if you just picked up an analog phone connected to an SLI line on the remote location.
6. You now have system dial tone in the remote location.
7. Dial an extension or dial 9 to access a trunk.

So you basically have a trunk which gives you DISA on an analog port in a remote location? Please tell me if I'm wrong here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,459 Shoretel
188,321 CTX100 install
187,092 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 132 guests, and 349 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024