web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello everybody. I'm new here. My dad's partner used to take care of all the computers and tech stuff. Now they have split and there is not help coming from the former partner. After a power outage here we figured out that unfortunately our battery backup was no longer working. So after replacing the battery and struggling through the manual for about 4 hours to figure out what the heck it was saying, I was able to get them back up to almost full strength. I've got a pretty good handle on how to program the system and I do have a tech manual.

Here's the problem we're having. When we try to dial another extension to use the intercom feature. We get the message of "unavail.CBT CBK MSG".

Now I'm sure I don't have something set right. Like I said I just kind of tried stuff until I go it working. I don't know if the extensions need to be in a certain group or something. I just put them all as operators. There is no secretary or anything.

MMC: 600 I just put all 8 extensions in the operator group.

Also we have voicemail through our phone company so one of our lines has a stuttering dial tone when we have a message. Is there a way to light a message light on the phone to tell us we have new message.

Any help you all can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tyler

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You need atleast one call key on the extensions to make the intercom work.

as for the message light no such luck unless you put a voicemail on the system.

on the phones there should be a key that is either blank or labeled call or int just go in to 722 and dail the ext then the key number and press 3 3 times and the call will appear.

good luck. let us know how it worked out

OP Offline
Thanks so much for the quick response. That fixed the problem. What does this call1 key do. I mean the intercom works now, but are we just losing a programmable key in the process?

Ya unfortunatly you need the call key to make several things function. So you do loose a key.

There are only a few systems that dont have a call/int/function key. Even nortel needs an intercom key to function.

Think of the call key as a dsp on the system. It gives you the ability to perform multiple functions like intercom, access messaging, page and some other system functions. When its not present you can still use the phone but for one function only (making calls). If you have line keys or the system is squared you dont really need they key for line use. But if the system is "pbx" then you would typically have functions only and would need the key to access lines and functions.

hope that helps,

I just confused myself. LoL laugh

OP Offline
Thanks so much for all your help. I really appreciate it.

Don't worry Wrichey, you make sense. Well, at least I'm not confused.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,312 CTX100 install
187,086 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (BobRobert), 183 guests, and 284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024