web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
DISCLAIMER: I am not a phone tech but an end-user so I obviously don't know what I am talking about so bare with me. call

We have a Comdial DXU Phone system and a Comdial Debut 4 Port Voice Mail system that just got hit by lightning. The phone system is working but the Debut it not. The power light is on but the activity indicator nor the Port lights are indicating any activity and when dialing voice mail from extension we are getting No Station.

The cheapest replacement Comdial Debut 4 Port I can find is $1500.

Three Questions:
1.What are my alternatives that will be compatible with the phone system I have? (I need a max of 10 to 12 Voice Mail boxes and automated attendant feature).

2. I have a dynamic T1 with the poor mans VOIP...should I just consider purchasing a new phone system (not a good alternative)?

3. Any other suggestions on Comdial Debut used system purchase that would be less that $1000?

Headhunter

Dude, I am on the phone literally all day. This equipment HAS TO FREAKIN' WORK!!
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Is your system a Comdial DSU?? A black cabinet?
Is the Debut an analog or a digital?

At any rate, if you got hit by lightning and it blew out the Debut---what would it cost to have it repaired if you notified your vendor?? I would think that maybe it can be repaired and the database can be saved.

Also---if lightning hit your voicemail and it came in through the AC and the VM took the hit---then it saved your whole phone system. Do you have a UPS on your system and VM? Keep in mind that there may have been damage to the phone system too, but I sure would ask your vendor about repair costs.

OP Offline
Its Comdial DSU II...

The Debut is Digital.

I don't have a vendor anymore for the Debut so I am not sure my next steps on it.

And yes it did save my system...I do have a UPS on both.
From what I can tell in talking to my tech (who I barter office space with for service) my phone system in in tact. For example all 4 lead that are coming from the DSU to the Debut are working (tested by plugging one of the Comdial phones into each).

The power light is working on the Debut but there is simply no activity.

Do you know a vendor that repairs Debut?

Thanks for the assistance .

Headhunter

Dude, I am on the phone literally all day. This equipment HAS TO FREAKIN' WORK!!
Refurbished Digital Debut VMs seem to be going for a premium, for sure.

You might try the "Phone repair" or "Equipment" link on this site -_top of this page for a start.

Does your service tech know how to set up and program the Debut once you get a good one on site?

Also, you seem to have power to the Debut--so it may not be a power supply issue. Have you rebooted the DSUII and the Debut? Make sure the DSUII is seeing the Debut--in other words--with the Debut on--power down the DSU and then power it back on.

Are there no local Comdial service techs who know the Debut? It sure would be nice to know exactly what the problem is with the Debut before you send it out or have to have it replaced.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
since your " on the phone literally all day. This equipment HAS TO FREAKIN' WORK!!"

a good vendor seems a better choice than DIY

why not check the installer link at the top of the page here or put in a request in the "request a installer "

keep you on the phone all day rather than playing phoneman

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
OP Offline
Thanks guys..tried the power down with the DSUII without powering down the Debut..still no luck. Its wierd. If I reboot the Debut the activity light flashes and then goes out.

Also, no local Comdial dealers that I know of but will check.

Thank you RW and Skip.

And Skip, Yep I am in sales so to speak so its 100 phone calls a day average...

Headhunter

Admin
Admin
PM sent.

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,793
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,296 Shoretel
188,996 CTX100 install
187,388 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 168 guests, and 401 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024