web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
OP Offline
We installed an Samsung Compact DCS with an SVMi-4 phone system for a customer of ours. The voice mail keeps becoming unavailable and the SVMi-4 has to be reset in order to access the voice mail system. We have already lost much money on this phone system installation because of this problem. I am trying to find a replacement SVMi-4 card, but I am not sure if this is even the problem. The rest of the phone system works fine. The card is very expensive and would hate to eat the cost on it without even knowing if this is the problem. Does this sound like the problem?

Thank you for your assistance!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Define what you mean by
"the voicemail keeps becoming unavailable"
Is it going off line,is the storage filled and it won't take messages?
A little more information would help us help you.

OP Offline
That would more helpful to get an answer. When trying to access the voice mail from any phone, inside or incoming calls, the voice mail does not pickup. When trying to listen from messages from an extension, we just get a beeping signal as if there was not voice mail system. The incoming calls do not get voice mail to leave a message. This will do this several times per day. We have to hit the reset button on the SVMi-4 card in order for it to work again.

Thanks!

OP Offline
Correction... When trying to retrieve messeges, even if the extension say that it has messages, we just keep getting an ringing, not a beeping. When someone is calling in, the voice mail never picks up. It just keeps ringing. We do not have auto attendant turned on. We have it set to go to voice mail automatically.

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks!

RCA Offline
What does your vendor say the problem is? Have you had a second opinion? As pvj said, it might be filling up on messages. Before the card gets replaced, I would at least default it and start over.

Rhett
OP Offline
We have started over from scratch three times. That is why I wonder if it is the card. When all boxes are empty the problem still happens.

Thanks!

It sounds more like the ports are not answering

Can you call the port directly 219 or 220 and if it answers is it just silent?

Sorry for all the questions but this will help us help you.

What slot in the cabinet is the voice mail in?

what does the status screen say when u call in? like wrichey says, call the ports one by one. how are u calling the vmail, with the vmmsg key or dialing the group number? why have u started from scratch three times? are these brand new cards? and if they are then why aren't u getting the svmi4e rather than the old svmi4

pvj Offline
Usually if the voicemail is "offline" then all calls to the SVMi will be routed to a default destination usually group 500.From what you're saying the voicemail is not offline to the Compact since this isn't happening.Checking the status screen on the SVMi is definitely a good start and see what it says when this problem occurs.
When you say start from scratch are you defaulting the voicemail,the Compact or both?What software version is the Compact running?

OP Offline
Let me say that I so greatful for your devotion to assist me. I purchased this system as refurbished. Either they never cleared the voice mail before selling, or they put this system together from parts of other systems. The original companies voice mail settings were still in memory. I was not offered the svmi4e card. I will post the access info for you tomorrow. I will have to check to see if the port is call direct etc.. How do you check the status screen of the SVMi? I will have to check the version of software for the voice mail tomorrow. The phones say one on them but I cannot remember what it is. When stating that I start from scratch, I am referring to the voice mail itself. One time we cleared the voice mail to scratch using the menu. The other two was from power outage. The ups ran out of power and the system shutdown(big storm). I am sorry for all the missing data that you are requesting. I do not work within this office often. I get the calls everytime. Obviously I am not near as fluent as you are with this system. I wire most systems and setup standard use. I have worked with Nortel voice mail but not Samsung. It is great to have such willing help from people such as you and the others assisting on this site.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,762
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,436 Shoretel
188,278 CTX100 install
187,072 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 84 guests, and 132 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024