web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Why would you want to use an Asterisk box if the system can do it?

I believe the reason for implementing the asterisk box in the past was that the pre 2.63 software versions did not support the register PSW command so the MGI had to communicate with the box via H323 and then the asterisk box logged onto the ITSP using SIP.

Any way heres my take on it.

I installed 2 systems recently and when I asked my Samsung dealer weather they supported SIP they said yes. What I didn't know is that they only half supported SIP. So we have been trying some ATA's hooked up to trunk ports not so flash either.

I would definitely do some serious testing yourself before you unleash this on your customers.

I think it is fine if you are prepared to put up with some problems at your home or in your own office.
I am also keen to try it on the 7200 at my office but only as an experiment at this stage.

But the problem is customers expect to get cheap calls and have carrier grade quality. They can’t have it both ways.

In the future if my customers want to go down that path I will be making them sign an agreement outlining if they want cheap calls we can make it work but be prepared to suffer the consequences.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

My testing is going Ok,

Have used two different ITSP's and both work OK, for outgoing and incoming calls.

Quality is fine, BUT this will always depend on available bandwidth and is dependant on many other factors.

I suggest any dealer selling this solution should negotiate a robust SLA with the ITSP and test, test and test.

Remember also not to oversell the solution.

In life, at the end of the day, you usually get what you pay for.

aero Offline OP
OP Offline
Try using G729 to use less bandwidth and use a WIM to implement QOS and give the voice prority over your data in and out of your network. Voice is real time... email isn't.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,285
Posts638,782
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,776 Shoretel
188,962 CTX100 install
187,200 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 169 guests, and 171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024