Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
OP Offline
I have a newly-installed 7400 that I'm trying to access remotely via WebMMC. I've forwarded TCP/UDP ports 5001 and 5003 (in the router) to the IP address assigned to the 7400. I can program from onsite, via WebMMC, without issue. I'm just not able to access from off site. Did I maybe miss something in the setup?

Thanks!

Justin

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I find it a lot easier to register an IP phone to the system for remote programming. It's much quicker and you'll end up with less errors. WebMMC is still light years away from being a reasonable programming tool in my eyes. Why they didn't stick to officeserve mananger I don't know. Forward port 6000 to the MCP and you can use an IP phone for programming.

OP Offline
No IP phones on this particular system. Good thought to keep in mind, though.

Do you know if I had the right ports for WebMMC, anyway?

Thanks!

Justin

5080 to the MP 40. 8080 into the webmmc server. So if the server is onsite on the lan you would just do 8080 to the server. Then 5080 would be across the lan and not blocked. Or if your webmmc server is offsite, then you just need 5080 from router to MP 40.

All you would need is an IP phone at your office. I have one on my desk that is usually connected to my system as my extension though when I need to do any programming on the 7400 systems that I have out there I just register the phone to that system temp. to do the programming. Guess I've been accustomed to programming through the phone for so long that it's just quicker for me that way. Sorry, I should have told you what ports to use for webmmc, Sam Sung to the recue!

OP Offline
So I had them forward 5080 AND 8080. Apache is actually loaded on my laptop, where I'm running WebMMC from. Now I think I'm getting thru the router, but now I'm getting a message "Selected port is already being used!" when I click on Connect. I didn't get this before, but either way, I still can't connect from offite. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Justin

What version are you using? I would get the new beta from support. There was an issue in certain scenarios with that. There is a 1.13 beta version that fixes it.

OP Offline
I'm using 1.11.

OP Offline
Okay, now using 1.13. I'm getting a different error now, and still unable to connect.

I go to connect, and it says someone is already connected (not likely). I click Ok to disconnect that user. It goes out to retrieve the database, and eventually comes back with an error "Failed to connect to system, please check network status!"

I'm still wondering if I don't have the correct ports forwarded on the router.

You are missing port 5200(TCP)forwarded to the MCP. Also, if they have a Sonicwall, make sure they reboot it after the changes - I know you should'nt have to BUT I have run into that many times. If you still can't connect, have someone else try - either tech support or someone with a working install of webmmc to verify.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,773
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,465 Shoretel
188,335 CTX100 install
187,094 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 132 guests, and 296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024