web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hi all, I have one of those sites on my hands, you know the ones where everything and anything can go wrong does. My main problem with this site is that the AA ports lockup and can only be released with a power reset. Some background info for you.

This is a call centre with 40 agents in 3 UCD groups. The AA card is used to deliver the UCD messages as in MMC 607. The AA card has been replaced. I installed a second AA card, both are used for AA messages, and ports on both cards get locked up. I replaced the MCP2 card with no effect. I upgraded the version from 2.60 to 2.69 and this seemed to work but the problem has reappeared again after a week. In the connections status under onlines in PCMMC it gives a status of 'Busy' for the affected ports, after a power reset all ports are idle.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Many thanks in advance.

Samsung, Ericsson, NEC, Nortel Certified Installer
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Is it possible the ports are going into DND? Is there any chance that the ports would dial 401? That's about the only thing I could think of.

Have you checked the disconnect signaling coming from the lines, are you on a pri?

how long after a reset does this occur?

I might be wrong, (most likely) but I think I had run into that problem a ways back. I think that you get no messages but did get constant ringing and the only fix was a power off to flush the MCP. A kind of a reset wouldn't work. I think we narrowed it down to the extenders added when using a SP key. Try just using the SP then dialing the group number see if that changes anything

OP Offline
Hi Ben, the AA ports shouldn't be dialling anything at all I hope, just receiving calls for UCD messages to be played. If you dial the individual port numbers instead of the AA group it gives you busy tone and says 'busy' on the display of the kp, if it were in DND, I would expect the kp display to show this status. Thanks for you help.

Hi WRichey, yes the lines are pri, the customer is not having any dropped calls so all I can assume is that the call is presented to the AA group when needed for UCD messaging and that message is being played before the call is placed on hold in the queue, then the port becomes permanently busy. I have tried to monitor how long it takes for this to re-occur, it seems to vary with use or demand, during the working week all ports or almost all will become busy and need a power restart. If all ports are false busy then because 'Grp Busy Next' in MMC 607 is set ON, if all agents are busy in the UCD group then a caller is presented to the AA group immediately for messaging, when this occurs the call drops and gets network disconnect tone.

Hi Rowlettdon, not sure what you mean by, when you say 'extenders on the sp key'. Maybe just a difference in the terminology we use.

Thanks for your help and questions.

I am refering to the group extension SP 5001 remove the 5001. This forces the user to press the sp key and the display shows group? then key in the station group number that you need to monitor. Manual way

Another thing that I would check is to see it somehow there is a number that is forwarding to the AA Group and throwing the group into a "loop". Something like a overflow goes to a group and if no answer or timeout it overflows to the same entry point of that same group and you will have a constant loop....Just some ideas. Also, I definately know that at one time having the extender on the sp key did the exact sequence you are talking about.

OP Offline
We do not use the sp (UCD Supervisor) key at this site, we use the Samsung DataView software with the CTI Linker program running on a MS Server 2003 OS PC, customer has UCD wallboards with UCD stats displaying for all agents to see queue status etc.

I have checked through the programming for any call forwards in place, only one's I could find were all forwarded to VMail. Checked groups in 601, no overflows in place, thanks for your help, it's always good to talk with other installers for their views and ideas

Sorry

OP Offline
No need to be sorry, I hope I didn't come across badly, I always value another Tech's input, had alot of strange faults over the years with some even stranger fixes at times. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024