Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#432569 08/28/08 02:17 PM
jdeaton Offline OP
OP Offline
2 things
1st off how can i forward a call that comes from the voicemail AA they press "3" and it rings group 503 i want it to ring that group for 4 rings or 18 seconds then go to mailbox 204. i can do this on every other phone system and most of them are no where near feature rich is this Idcs 100 r2 is. I have svmi4 voice mail.
also I dont know how to put the phone system in nite mode automatically or manually

thanks in advance for your time
joe deaton

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

jdeaton, welcome to Sundance Tech-Talk
welcome

You will have to set that up under the Menu (in the voicemail) option for day, night, and any other greeting you want to use.

Night mode auto and manual are set-up in the phone system under the ring plan. Maunual will require buttons and auto will have to be set in the timers.
If you have a rel2 OS100 then I would think you have the SVMi4e and not the SVMi4. There is a different in programming and what you can do.

Do you have a programming manual and cables to access the voicemail and OS100?

edit for spelling

jdeaton Offline OP
OP Offline
The main issue at this site is the forwarding from the calling group they arent really concerned with nite mode as i have found out they forward their calls to an answering service for the Doctors.
The nurses calling group is a big issue though. I need it to go to mailbox 204 after ringing the group for 18 secs. I do have an interface cable for the voice mail its a standard null modem 9 pin cable with procomm plus as my interface and it works fine

I guess this ok to post here if no MMCs are listed?

Group XXX is setup with a mailbox.

The Group's next destination is the voice mail at XXX.

So, when the group overflow timer expires, the call goes to the menu as the group number XXX.

Now you must tell the Menu what to do when it sees that group number.

Set call block (must enable in MB XXX to yes) and make the call block destination mailbox 204.

When a call rings the group, it will route to voice mail and the group MB will 'block' the call off to MB 204.

I think that is as far as I can go detail wise.

An alternate way that I think is a little easier would be to look at the activity monitor and see the 1st menu that the call hits when presented to the voicemail. Will probably say something about forward XXXXX. In the second page of that menu make a rule that says Group XXX goto mbx XXXX. Not really good at writing in code, but PM me if you need more details.

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
I wwould think that the easy way to do it is to take the message in mailbox 503 and then auto forward it to the 204 mailbox.Just make sure if you do this to also set the 503 mailbox to delete after forwarding the message.

Originally posted by pvj:
I wwould think that the easy way to do it is to take the message in mailbox 503 and then auto forward it to the 204 mailbox.Just make sure if you do this to also set the 503 mailbox to delete after forwarding the message.
This is the best way to do it. You can also forward it to a list so everyone in the group gets a copy.

jdeaton Offline OP
OP Offline
hey guys these are all great suggestions & I appreciate your time and expertise

That is the easiest way, but I wouldn't want to hear the 'message forwarded from xxx' prelude to every message.

Originally posted by Noisycow:
That is the easiest way, but I wouldn't want to hear the 'message forwarded from xxx' prelude to every message.
Just turn of "Auto Play" of the information...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,825 Shoretel
188,977 CTX100 install
187,206 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 84 guests, and 116 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024