Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
jas Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi guys, i've just discovered this forum and really hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

I have a DSC 816 Analogue system that was installed about 3 years back and which was working perfectly till this morning.

Calls would suddenly start cutting out with a a soft click and the software version number being shown on every telephone screen. Turning the main system on and off at the mains seemed to reset this and fix it. Till a few hours later. I tried the same routine except this time it has failed to work.

"Ver 2.2
2003 4.30" is all that is shown, with more clicking, no dial tone and I can't do anything to get past this.

Is there anything really obvious I should check?

(I'm not an installer, semi end-user/administrator here, the company who installed the system went bust last year and I am completely stuck)

Many thanks in advance,

Jas

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I hate to be the one to deliver the bad news... but it sounds like your power supply has died. Here in the states we've had problems with the power supplies on 616's and 100's... but I think it's a completely different power supply on the 816 systems.

I would suggest powering the unit down. I'll do some research and hopefully in the meantime one of the other techs who have more experience with the older systems will post.

We also have some users on your side of the world… maybe they can point you towards another dealer.

jas Offline OP
OP Offline
Not the best news in the world, but thanks for letting me know.

I just hope that if it is the power supply that has gone, that it's not too expensive to replace.

I'm quite surprised about that Samsung's site doesn't offer any troubleshooting tips of their own, nor a single link to a uk based tech support for such systems.

Actually one more thing, if there was a power supply issue, would the LED's still be blinking when the power is turned on? I had a brief look under the casing to see if there was any obvious damage earlier, and the lights are still active.

Once again I really appreciate your help.

What happened to your last post?

To answer the question you asked in the post... yes, you will most likely still see the LED for the power.

The power supply is still getting power but it's not passing the correct power to the system. That's why you are getting the Ver 2.2 on the screen.

To get tech support from Samsung you must be a tech... they don't offer any support to the end user.

Where are you located and I see of I can find someone to help.

I just got off the phone with Samsung here in the states and if you give me a better location, they are going to get me a list of folks in your area who can help.

jas Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm in central London (the city itself), it's 9pm for me so naturally I wouldn't expect them to be able to help before Monday.

A list of approved guys would be fantastic, just what I needed, you're a star smile

Check your yahoo e-mail.

Good luck!

jas Offline OP
OP Offline
Bless you sir, I'll send them an email and cross my fingers till Monday morning.

Hi mate im in London on Tuesday/Wednesday if your still stuck. I'll send you a email.

Oh btw i'd leave it powered on till you get a tech out or you may find it will need reprogramming too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,791
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,122 Shoretel
188,988 CTX100 install
187,373 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Toner, James D., A2A Networks), 166 guests, and 172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024