web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I just moved this system to a new location for a customer. i do not normally work on these. Everything works fine except line 5 (705) shows not in service. I really didn't know until i got it hooked back up that he had a fifth line. system was unplugged at old location when i arrived and he told me he had four lines...

so where on the block does port 705 go? honestly i tried them all and none worked but i would like to know where it's supposed to go so I can tell if there is a hardware issue.

I have the programming manual but cannot find the block diagrams... I assume they are in a separate installation manual. Thanks much

Chris

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

It really depends were the expansion card is installed.

OP Offline
So if there are three slots, would that not narrow it down to three positions on a 25pr punch down?

i am getting additonal extensions in the yellow range Pr 16 - 20 if that helps at all.

thanks

The installation/programming manual shows the station/line pin-out based on what type of card is in each slot.

OP Offline
apparently i have the wrong manual or i am not looking in the right place. The unit is a DCS PROSTAR COAMPACT (on the cover). Power supply on the right hand side. Expansion slots are at the top (3 slots).

The manual i have is the
SAMSUNG
COMBINED
PROGRAMMING
MANUAL
for
DCS
DCS COMPACT
DCS COMPACT II
DCS-816
DCS-408
DCS-408i

It covers the MMC's thoroughly but i cannot find anything related to the actual installation. i have a picture i can email if that helps anyone.

Thanks much

PM sent to chriscaton.

What cards are in the expansion cabinet? Slot 1 is at the top. Slot 1 = ?, Slot 2 = ?, Slot 3 = ?

Please note above this is being handled via PM because it goes beyond user information!

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,785
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,065 Shoretel
188,981 CTX100 install
187,207 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (dans), 129 guests, and 180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024