web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I am trying to get the EasySet software working.

I have the OfficeServ Link software installed. It indicates that it is connecting fine to the server. I have the EasySet software installed and configured, including IIS. The site comes up fine, but when I try to log in with an extension and password I get the following Windows Internet Explorer error:

[Login Error]

Any suggestions on what to look for?

FYI: Checked easyset folder permission and they are correct. At one point easyset was working and then we moved over to PABXsoft which caused the easyset not to work. Now we have move away from PABXsoft and would like to get the easyset working again. It seems perhaps the problems is a configuration issue in one of the MMC's but I am unsure what to fix or even if that is really the issue.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

In the past I have had to stop and restart the iis server. goto command prompt and type
iisreset.exe /stop, then
iisreset.exe /start
then try it to see if that helps

OP Offline
No luck on the iisreset.

Did you change your simple file sharing?

Bobby Mreen
Communications Technician
Here is a little info that samsung sent me a while back, try this.

When a user enters their login information and clicks the login button, EasySet calls an ASP script that checks an Access database in that directory. If that database says that the user is already logged in you will get the error (Duplicate Login). If it shows no one logged in, it will set the login and create a session ID and write that ID to the database as well.

It then kicks over to another ASP script which checks the current web browser session ID against what is stored in the database. If they do not match, you will also get the error.

So, if the IIS user account (typically IUSR_<computername>) does not have read / write access to the appropriate folders it can not write the login or session information (it would not error this out because the ASP code is written to ignore those types of errors) and would fail the second check.

Here are the steps:

1. Go to c:\inetpub folder and right click this folder and go to /properties/security

2. Add this user [computername]\IUSR_[computername] (I.E. if my computer name were LV0021 I would add LV0021\IUSR_LV0021)

3. Give this user full control to this folder

4. Go to c:\program files\Samsung electronics\OfficeServ EasySetV2 folder and right click this folder and go to /properties/security

5. Add this user [computername]\IUSR_[computername]

6. Give this user full control to this folder

7. Now the IIS Service must be halted and restart

8. Go to Start/Run/CMD <enter>

9. type in iisreset.exe /stop

10. Wait…. For IIS to completely stop

11. type in iisreset.exe /start

OP Offline
bmreen - use simple file sharing is NOT checked.

Ironhedz - Added the user and gave them full control to both folders... Same result after iisreset.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
I have found that for some reason or other, if you start easyset from a remote desktop/terminal services session, then you will get that error.

Launch it from the console session, either by remoting to console, or use something like vnc to get to the console and launch it.

Not sure if the same thing applies to os link, but just use v3 and set it in service mode (unless you run vista or win 7, as it has issues with services interacting with the desktop due to new security that was put in, cant remember if server 2008 has this or not)

Samsung has told me numerous times not to start their apps. through RDP.

Bobby Mreen
Communications Technician
OP Offline
Problem is fixed! =)

thanks so much nameless.... stupid windows RDP was the issue. I installed VNC and started the services and we are up and running again.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
4 members (Toner, curtonpond, Curlycord, Professor Shadow), 90 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024