web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
GoBig Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello and cheers. Sorry if this as been discussed before, search didn't do me much good...

I have a Samsung Prostar Compact. I have one LCD 12b handset and all others are Basic 12B. I need to do a couple of things and the manual I'm looking at is like reading Swahili.

1) Need to change the automated welcome greeting. I have a day and night greeting which prompts caller to leave a message for 1 of 4 people by entering in a particular extension. One of the people listed no longer works here, ext 202.

2)I have no idea what kind of voicemail service I have, how do I determine that? Maybe this question needs to be answered first to get answer #1 above?

2) Would like ability to set system to forward all calls to my cellphone at certain times. Is this possible?

3) ???

4) Profit

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Dear friend, I have experience in dcs and dcs compactII systems, perhaps I could help you. Please check out if you have a svmi4 voicemail card installed, I can help you with the programming.

Hopefully whoever installed it left you a guide of how to change it. Failing that you will need a serial cable to see how the main menu is programmed and what prompt it uses.

Forwarding can be done depending on how the system has been programmed but that model only has 2 modes so depending how day and night is programmed you may need to do quite a bit of reprogramming.

I'd get a tech in and get him to give you the prompt numbers and tweaking the system to allow forwarding.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Gary S.), 143 guests, and 247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024