web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#44069 08/30/11 03:18 AM
mc5 Offline OP
OP Offline
I have been using a comdial unisys for years with no problems. Recently we have had a voicemail that gets "stuck" and cannot be accessed. If you listen to the prompts it says that there are new voicemails but you can't listen to them. I have tried adding new voicemails to the extension and the count goes up but we still cannot hear any of the messages. Any idea how to clear this problem? It has happened on two different extensions and eventually goes away on its own but we lose messages and functionality while we wait.

Thx in advance for the help!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#44070 08/30/11 04:10 AM
Moderator-Comdial
Moderator-Comdial
What's the make/model of your voicemail system?

#44071 08/30/11 04:30 AM
mc5 Offline OP
OP Offline
Not sure how to tell my phone system model. The handsets say unisyn comdial. The manual just says unisyn telephone system as does the system box on the wall. Can you suggest where I can find this info? Thx!

#44072 08/30/11 05:47 AM
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
The system box on the wall should be black. Is there another smaller box of some sort on the wall---or a "PC-like" unit on a desk somewhere? Is there some unit that says "Keyvoice" or "Debut" on it?

How do you access the voicemail? Do you press a button labelled "voicemail", do you dial a station number, or do you get an outside line and dial a number?

There is no "Unisyn" voicemail that I know of, so there must be something else besides your phone system cabinet.

#44073 08/30/11 07:44 AM
mc5 Offline OP
OP Offline
As you guessed, there is another smaller box which says "comdial debut".

We can use feature button sequences for most phone functions but the phones have had functions programmed into "speed dial" buttons for convenience. In my case I can dial "ITCM" then "hold" and get into voicemail or press the voicemail speed dial button.

We don't get voicemail through an outside line. We use a button sequence as described to get into the command prompts then we make choices to listen. All voicemail boxes can be accessed by all handsets if the password is known.

For the current problem only one of 12 voicemail boxes is stuck, the others work normally. A few months ago we had a different voicemail box with the same problem.

Thx!

#44074 08/30/11 11:44 AM
Admin
Admin
You have corruption in the flash disk. There are several maintenance procedures that might fix it but you're gonna need a certified tech with the maintenance ability on the laptop. You can also delete the mailbox and rebuild via supervisor box but you're going to lose all messages in the box and have to rerecord the greetings.

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
4 members (Toner, curtonpond, Curlycord, Professor Shadow), 90 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024