web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
rjd999 Offline OP
OP Offline
We've got a DX-80 with the Corporate Office VM-II flash voice mail card which has been working fine. Starting today users don't get menu voice prompts when trying to check/retrieve voicemails (please enter your password; you have 1 new message and 2 old messages; press 1 to ....) All the rest of the system works - callers hear the recorded greetings, can leave messages, and the system reports the number portions correctly (# of new messages, caller ID number, etc.), but no words to tell you what the numbers are for ("1...2..." instead of "you have 1 new message and 2 saved messages"). Can retrieve messages if you know when to enter password and make menu selections to play new messages, etc. I've shut down, disconnected the power and rebooted the system, but no change. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated; Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
Sounds like your main box greeting has been changed to a nonrecorded one or erased all together. It would take a laptop and the appropriate software to SEE what is actually going on.

[Linked Image]
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Sounds like a corrupt flash card to me. If the greeting were the only thing missing, you would still be able to get other prompts if you knew what to press to get to the next option. It sounds like you're reporting that system prompts are not playing.

I would suggest as RBF did, to connect via laptop and SEE what is going on, and while you're at it, check the error.log file.

Justin

rjd999 Offline OP
OP Offline
Wow, thanks for the incredibly prompt replies!

Justin - you are correct; we are missing the system prompts, not the recorded greetings, names, etc.

Hooked up KeylinkDX everything appeared normal; checked the error.log and it had the following entries:

6314 Error 2 opening file P\ONESILNC.VOI in mode 0
2602 Cannot open file P\ONESILNC.VOI to play on line 1

There were also the same "2602" errors for the following files:
XPLSHOLD.VOI
SPKAFIRT.VOI
ENTERPAS.VOI
MAINMENU.VOI
LSTMENU.VOI
NONEWMSG.VOI

Again, the recorded greetings are fine, the system works if you know what numbers to press and guess at the when to press, and the variables are announced - like the 2 and 1 in "you have 2 new messages and 1 saved message" but the numbers are the only things announced.

I really appreciate your help; thanks!

you could run a scan disc on it and see if you have bad sectors on the flash card, it's likely you do. If you need a new flash card with the software on I have some.
Mark

rjd999 Offline OP
OP Offline
OK, I could not find scandisk on the flash card, so I ran a chkdsk on the card and found lost clusters/chains. Tried to repair (convert chains to files), but no luck; it just keeps reporting and trying to fix the same errors.

I've got a 1 gig compactflash card; is there anyway to put an image of the good software on it for use in the system? If not, then I need to talk with you about getting a replacement card from you. Thanks.

If you have a compact flash reader, you might try checking the card with an XP machine or higher. The command is chkdsk N: /F where N is the drive letter windows mounts the compact flash as. You'll see if if you open 'My Computer'.

Hackbarth Communications, L.L.C. - Serving South Central Wisconsin's Telecom Needs
Admin
Admin
I have rarely been able to correct corrupt files on these CF cards. Sometimes I have been able to wipe the card and restore using the old Comdial utility. Usually it's just faster to replace.

PM Markk about getting a new card..report back if you have a problem getting hold of him.

[Linked Image]
I'm here, I have 512 cards which are getting increasingly hard to get and more expensive as technology moves forward. I have a few ready to go for the 80/120 - just ping me.
Mark

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,288
Posts638,794
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,351 Shoretel
189,001 CTX100 install
187,391 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 134 guests, and 418 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024