web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
hacky Offline OP
OP Offline
DX-80 with A33 and VM II, three way external xfer set on some of the mailboxes. Worked great for years, but recently it has a success rate of 33%. Sometimes the cellphone number can be heard being dialed about a third of the time. On failures it gives dead air and holds the line open for a long time until the max time for a three way call times out. Tried a receive all, cold start, send all. I believe this is a KSU issue, but I ran chkdsk, diskm, and msgaudit on the VM with no success. Also changed the 2032 battery on the CPM and cold started again...also the relays in this thing chatter when I power is the system up. Any wisdom appreciated.

Hackbarth Communications, L.L.C. - Serving South Central Wisconsin's Telecom Needs
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Comdial
Moderator-Comdial
Have you absolutely ruled out a CO issue?

hacky Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, no. I didn't scrutinize the CO too much because the DX-80 displays strange behavior. For example, I used a DET to call the AA from an outside line, dialed a mailbox with 3 way xfer to a cellphone, and the DET lit like a christmas tree prior to disconnecting the call. The CO is a small company that runs fiber to every premise, and there is a NID that breaks it out to analog ports.

Hackbarth Communications, L.L.C. - Serving South Central Wisconsin's Telecom Needs
hacky Offline OP
OP Offline
I've been testing this all night. Here's what happened:

1st attempt - "Please hold while I transfer..." heard my cellphone # being dialed (wrong), THEN a hookflash (wrong), followed by dead air.

2nd attempt - "Please hold while I transfer..." heard the hookflash, got ringback, and my cellphone informed me I have a call waiting. Worked great.

3rd attempt - It worked again.

4th attempt - Heard the hookflash, my cellphone informed me of a call waiting inbound, and then the call was promptly disconnected on both ends.

5th attempt - Heard cellphone number dial, then hookflash, then dead air...same as 1st attempt.

I have a call in with Reedsburg Utilities asking if they offer a blind centrex transfer that I could use instead, and describing these behaviors the best I can. I'm trying to determine if it's the VM, the KSU, or them.

hacky Offline OP
OP Offline
Update. Added call transfer feature from CO and converted 3-way external call xfer to blind external xfer. It now works 100% of the time, and the destination number rings the moment the switch hangs up. An unfortunate side effect is that it takes a while for the caller to hear the ringback of the transfer, while in reality the destination number has rung twice or more. Some callers will probably think the call got disconnected. The CO could probably has a setting for this, but for now I suppose I could always voice something telling people to wait in silence.

Or get a MOH unit

hacky Offline OP
OP Offline
The switch is performing a blind transfer - so unfortunately there's no way for a local music source to make any difference.

I left a message with a tech at the C.O. and he must have adjusted some settings, because now ringback occurs immediately and everything works slick.

It will play local music for a few seconds before it's initiating your transfer.....ex. Please hold while I transfer your call to that extension...*music*....transfer.

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Make sure you add the digit for immediate disconnect at the end of your dial string. That might help. It's been a while since I've used it, so I'd have to look it up to remember what it is.

Justin

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,099 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,799 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Professor Shadow, Toner), 178 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024