web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#44223 10/17/11 07:28 PM
Iasonas Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello. I am looking to see if anyone knows where I could get PC-DBA software for our DX-80 comdial phone system. We recently had an electrical surge that fried our old system and our company sent us a new system but it wasn’t programmed. The version I believe I would need is A33. I see two stickers that both say A33 so i assume that must be the version I am working with. Any help would be welcome!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#44224 10/17/11 08:56 PM
The stickers you see are on the EEPROMS on a board known as the CPM. Yes, there is a matching version of PCDBA for each version. A33 is quite an old (but stable) release, and new KSUs come with PCDBA software in the box. So are you certain it's new? Otherwise the software is easily downloaded from Vertical's V-Connect dealer portal. PCDBA was never really meant to be used by an end user to set up a database from scratch...is this what you are attempting? If so I would try contacting the dealer who put the original DX-80 in. Otherwise you could always PM a member of this board for fee-based installer help.

Hackbarth Communications, L.L.C. - Serving South Central Wisconsin's Telecom Needs
#44225 10/20/11 06:50 AM
Iasonas Offline OP
OP Offline
So where might I find the version of the Comdial system? I see another sticker that says F15. I'm not sure where to look but our original phone system malfunctioned and whoever replaced our system, replaced some of the boards. I'm not sure which ones but the issue is when the phones are put on hold after two minutes it rings back and the screen says recall and there is only one phone that rings the rest do not ring and when there is more than one line calling, the phone does not pick up the incoming call automatically like we used to be able to do we now have to press the line number to pick it up. What option were you mentioning about a fee based support? I do not have access to the vertical V-connect Dealer portal and I do not know which company came to replace the boards is there any way I could obtain the software to connect to the system after I find out the correct version of the system?

#44226 10/20/11 07:16 AM
Iasonas Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm sorry. I have located the software. It was already installed on another machine we use along with a VNC viewer to access the system.

#44227 10/20/11 08:03 AM
Iasonas Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm sorry. I have located the software. It was already installed on another machine we use along with a VNC viewer to access the system.

#44228 10/20/11 10:17 AM
Moderator-Comdial
Moderator-Comdial
I see I'm not the only one having senior moments! :rofl:

#44229 10/20/11 02:21 PM
Easier to program through the phone IMO.
How many phones do you have, do you have VM?
If you run into trouble and want dealer help you can PM me we're an hour or so from Baltimore.
Just FYI you have to press the line to pick it up on the phones because those other phones aren't programmed to ring and the ringback is just a timer in programming.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,099 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,799 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Professor Shadow, Toner), 178 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024