web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
marla Offline OP
OP Offline
I have the technical manual, volume 2, programming, but cannot find the "how to" on deleting a mailbox. It is an old mailbox, an old phone, no one knows the password. Could someone please tell me how to do this by using the admin functions on the main phone or... tell me the exact page that tells me how to in specifics of course. I would greatly appreciate any help offered. Thanks, Marla

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Assuming you have DX in-skin voicemail, access the supervisor mailbox (default 70), choose 6 for the supervisor menu. Press 1 for mailbox administration. Enter the box number in question, press 1 to confirm when it reads the box number back. If a physical extension exists for that box, you might want to press 6 to reset it. That way in the future someone can start over fresh using that extension / box. If you really want to delete it then you can then press 2 to delete the box, but then in the future you must do the same procedure above except press 1 to add the box back, if anyone needs to use it in the future.

Hackbarth Communications, L.L.C. - Serving South Central Wisconsin's Telecom Needs
marla Offline OP
OP Offline
thank you. i did delete the mailbox but my phone is still showing there are voice mail messages... would you know how to stop the message from flashing? the messages are unimportant so we do not care if they are permanentely deleted. we just dont know how... we do not know the password because the phone is that old and lots of turnover.

Ahh, that's a different issue. Normally the voicemail resets that every morning, but if the box for that extension was deleted then the counter will stay like that indefinitely. It's been a while....but try Feature 69 and press [go] on the blinking extension and see if that resets it. If not, add a blank mailbox for that extension and just leave it, it should clear within a day. Same procedure as my first post, but option 1 to add.

Hackbarth Communications, L.L.C. - Serving South Central Wisconsin's Telecom Needs
marla Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you! smile The Feature 69 did not reset the blinking so I am trying your blank mailbox. I will let you know if it worked in a few days. Thanks so much for ALL your help smile

marla Offline OP
OP Offline
Came in today and voila! no more blinks! thank you.... : ) you made my day, my week!!!! It's the little things that mean ALOT!! Thanks again.

You're welcome!

I am trying to set up a new extension and mail box in the office this morning. I go so far but cannot get any further. So I was going to try and to the recover the mail box option because it was set up at one time. Well when I press 1 to confirm when it reads the mail box number back, it says this mailbox is already there and it goes back to main menu. Any thoughts? The extension is not working when calling form an outside line. I do not have the program to do this so I have been using the hand set. The last company I brought in to help set up an extension said they did not know how to do it through the handset so they could not show me. I'm sure it's so I have to call them in again. Any help would help.

Thanks,

Assuming it's a DX it sounds like the P-FWD NOANS isn't defined in the EXTENSION programming, and programming on the DX is much easier on the phone than the computer IMO.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,763
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,442 Shoretel
188,296 CTX100 install
187,079 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 172 guests, and 191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024