Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Oh crap................please don't let Ed see this thread.

Because his response would take 30 minutes to download on a T-line. :rofl:

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I'll keep it short and simple. It wouldn't make any difference and the splice would look like any other depending on how you did it.

We are looking at the capacitance between conductors and that doesn't change because the twist is one way or the other, only that it is the same number of twists per foot.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Online Content
Yep, it's the spacing of the twist,not the direction. I would hate to twist and soldier this stuff, my twisting rhythm would be all off. To Hals point it doesn't matter the direction of the twist.

Is this just a manufacturing defect?

Maybe CAT 6 or 7 will take care of it. Sorry put that in there for the IT folks.

Retired phone dude
Maybe it's beta cat 8 cable you guys are seeing! [Linked Image from wizdforums.co.uk]

Then again, it could have been a "Lefty" doing the twisting that day at the factory. laugh

That was my thought Hal.

As I was reading this thread last night though I just started thinking how our discussions must look to someone outside the industry who just happened upon it online. :rofl:

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
The wise-cracks about left-handed tools (although there are some) reminded me of tech school in the USAF in the '60's when you really learned electronics and how that 'durned electronical stuff worked'.
One of the my instructors sent one of the more naive students (no, not me)down to the school secretary to get a fallopian (sp?) tube. And then went FLYING out the door to get him, cause that E2 YESSIR type was GONE! smile John C. (Not Garand)
Oh, shoot I forgot! For you folks born after about 1960, instead of transistors and IC's, 'electronical' equipment used to use 'tubes'. These were glass jars with pins and neat little metal plates and filaments, and pieces of screen, stuffed in the open end and then sealed. Operated on 100-500 volts, or more. John C. again

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Originally posted by Lightninghorse:
One of the my instructors sent one of the more naive students (no, not me)down to the school secretary to get a fallopian (sp?) tube.
Sounds like the old GPO/BT trick of sending somebody down to the stores to get an A.C. battery, or a can of tartan paint! Or how about a non-inductive choke?

I still take great pleasure in working with the older tube gear ("valve" in Brit parlance). I still regularly use an amplifier my father built in the early 1960s with the ubiquitous twin 6V6 output tubes in push-pull.

Operated on 100-500 volts, or more.
Sometimes quite a lot more! 807's in a typical R.F. final come to mind.

Famous last words #2735: "Of course the top cap is the grid!" eek laugh

Wait a minute...wouldn't the twist simply be perspective? I mean depending on what side of the cable came out of the box or reel first?

No, if it's a clockwise twist looking at one end of the wires, it will be clockwise looking from the opposite end too.

Heh..I just went and got a piece of cat5e...yep you are right.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,285
Posts638,781
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,759 Shoretel
188,951 CTX100 install
187,193 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 143 guests, and 174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024