web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello,

My Excutone Equity III (vintage 1987) system has seen better days. Just wondering if there are newer phones that are 100% compatible (just plug and play)?

The current phones are model number 2312501 the main board has model number 2313501 and 2315302 (two model numbers).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If the info provided is insufficient please ask me for more details.

Oh, and this is a low budget operation so used working phones are OK. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Thanks to all who read this --glen

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
On your system I would suggest that you get some Refurbs, They come to you in very good shape. New phones would cost you a lot more.
Go up to the Sundance logo and see if they can help you.
dtmf

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
There is not such thing as a new phone in that model. Refurbed only, Sundance will have em.

OP Offline
Thanks for the timely response.

I have found some used replacement phones.

The problem with the old phones was a drop in the audio. Basically they would just go dead in the middle of a conversion.

I have disassembled them, cleaned all contacts and put them back together --to no avail.

What would cause this problem? What part(s) needs to be replaced? And what does refurbishing really change in the old phones?

Again thanks for your interest. --Glen

RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
I'm guessing but I would think it's either the transmitter (the one ya talk in) in the handset or it could be a handset cord ( the curly one). It could be other components too. first take a known good sounding handset and cord to the phone having problems try it there and see if it's the phone. If it works good there get some replacement handsets from https://www.graybar.com
good luck

Moderated by  nonameyet, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,739
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,292 Shoretel
188,179 CTX100 install
187,022 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
jc2it 4
dexman 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (newtecky, ThePhoneConnection), 111 guests, and 102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024