web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
As for layout on the 110 blocks. I would lay it out.

201A 201B 202A 202B 203A 203B
204A 204B 204C 205A 205B 205C for handicap rooms

Just be sure to label A B C etc to help with trouble shooting in the future.

As for ladder rack I generally use Cablofil Tray Link with Middle Atlantic Racks like these Link . Panduit Cable routing trays between each patch panel to dress patch cords between panels and switches.

As for mounting the rack you can get a Rack mount kit. I generally put 4 yes all 4 of bolts directly into the slab. 1/2" min. anything less just doesn't hold that well.

110 block leg extenders In a way yes. I cannot remember the part but there is a metal back that you can install and mount the 110 blocks to it.
Hopefully Ed will be by in a while and he will have the part. It will give you about 3 to 4 inches more behind the 110. I have installed them a couple of times but cannot remember the part number but will try to find it if someone else doesn't have it.

Brian.

All In One Communications
Mustang, OK
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Found the 110 extension frame from leviton.

Here is a Link . Hope it helps.

Brian.

All In One Communications
Mustang, OK
OP Offline
Thank you for the links, Brian. I think I'll go with that numbering plan as well.

Jack

The question is more important than the answer.
OP Offline
Here's the "finished" product.. still looking for more advice on how to do this better/more efficiently/professionally.

[Linked Image from farm4.static.flickr.com]

That last shot is of the hallway ceiling near the MDF. There is less space there than you can see from that shot - plumbing, ductwork, sprinklers, etc. all made getting a straight line down the hall difficult.

Thanks again for all the help, advice and constructive criticism. Those Middle Atlantic racks will go into the next job I do (very nice!).

I couldn't get a floormount kit for the rack in time, but I got 4 expanding concrete anchors to secure the rack to the slab - I sank them 2" deep in the floor. Hurricane proof, but not CG/IT proof.

PS: I will be going back to this property in a month or so. I'll make it a point to replace the few zip ties I used with velcro.

Jack

I agree with the ladder rack and I would have also used vertical management front and back to help make it a neat installation.

I especially like to have the ladder rack to support the top of the rack from swaying during terminations.
[Linked Image from stoph.smugmug.com]

[Linked Image from stoph.smugmug.com]

Oops, we forgot to replace the tie wraps with velcro :shhh:

Looks good, do you have any bigger pictures?
I meant to take my camera with me today. This job was a treat. I had to add a line to a Starplus DHS. The KSU was mounted on the wall under a desk. Luckily the line was tagged by at&t, they actually brought the line from the basement up to where the system is. A 6 pair wire feeds from the basement protector up to the phone system location on the second floor. The wire was like cloth and had some stripes but it was hard to tell the colors. This went to what looked like a large 42A block, which was then connected to a standard 6 pair wire to the phone system block. I removed this and spliced the wires with scotchlocks. There were a mess of other wires in the basement,just hanging there disconnected.
I tried to clean up the KSU wiring as best as I could.

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Well Jeff more telco school, the wire with the stripes and cloth was undoubtly the old "silk and cotton" covering and the stripes were the old color code( before bl-or-gn-brn-sl). the large 42a block was probably a 44a conn. blk used to terminate spade clip key sets way back when.Hope this helps your understanding of more of the old telephone stuff. oh by the way were the conductors covered with shellack?

I don't think they had shellac on them...but definitely silk and cotton like you said.

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
zap Offline
One question: Any idea what your longest data runs are?

One should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything.
OP Offline
Stoph, that rack looks quite well thought out. More/bigger pictures would be nice to see.

Originally posted by zap:
One question: Any idea what your longest data runs are?
~260'.

Jack

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,285
Posts638,781
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,756 Shoretel
188,950 CTX100 install
187,190 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 124 guests, and 173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024