web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
[Linked Image from i228.photobucket.com]

All you need is one of these. You could buy a bit for your punch down tool and make something to hold the plug. Maybe you can still buy the holder. I have used this hundreds of times when a butterfly tool wasnt available. The earlier plugs had to have each wire soldered. In the early 60 s.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I think there were two kinds of plugs. The kind I have in the pic and another where the wire went into a V shape. Maybe AMP

I never knew such an animal existed. I learn something every day!

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
My best day was I made up 150 females on a huge
Contract job !!That was a 12 hr day Btw!

Pm If this is for a a few runs and its not a cosmetic issue you can get back wire wrapped
spit 66 blocks and even 110 for that matter
that terminate to either a male or female Amp...

Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
My best day was I made up 150 females on a huge
Contract job !!That was a 12 hr day Btw!
Wow! And here I thought I was doing good when I used to average 6 minutes per plug on a large job!

PMCook - If you or anyone else can find the 3M plugs and connectors, I have a 3M tool that you can have cheap. And I mean really cheap!!!

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Hey There Dave! Are you referring to a butterfly tool similar to a what amp makes for champ plugs and connectors?

Admin
Admin
Wow. 6 minutes? Fortunately, I didn't have to do that kind of production, even when I worked COEI. 4 per hour was the standard and I certainly wouldn't want to beat that, although you could push 6 if you needed to float for awhile.

I still own 2 AMP butterfly tools without the plastic deal that cinches them together, a 3m tool, and a hand AMP tool. I guess Cherie is gonna have to sell them at my estate sale for pennies on the dollar...if she outlives me LOL

Carl

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Dave, I recall a thread about amphenol connectors 2-3 years ago. Graybar(?) still can get them. And DIGI-KEY has them under AMP-Champ made by TYCO. (The outfit that has made almost ANYTHING, including model trains! smile )

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
superiors riser cable was great you ring cut and the pairs came right out !!

kxtvet - The 3M tool used its own proprietary connectors but was faster than the AMP butterfly tool. The AMP tool always took me at least 12 minutes each on an average.

Carl Navarro - Back in the 80s, I was installing so many 25 pair systems that I needed to know my average speed in order to plan my day. I guess I must have been faster than some of the other guys 'cause I was occasionally sent to do plugs on many of the other guys jobs. I always, always, double checked my cable order and so rarely had a bad one. Thanks for letting me toot my horn over my success during the buggy whip days. smile

Lightninghorse - Tyco just bought ADC Telecommunications here and the city is expecting to lose at least 900 local jobs. ADC had built a huge complex during Y2K but suffered the big box syndrom (build a bigger box when times are good but have the bottom collapse immediately afterword).

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,315 CTX100 install
187,088 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 138 guests, and 366 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024