web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
OP Offline
I just went to my dad's (he is in hawaii right now and they crossed wires so everything is up to standard.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Originally posted by 1864:
Originally posted by Michael Havens:
[b] I am freaking out that I'll drill into the wall and there will be insulation .
Freaking out?... THAT is a sign of a [/b]
well.... i wasn't really freaking out.... just wanted to get opinions on ways to do it. it isn't as if i've never had to go through insulation when i was working as a cable-guy.

I see cable trucks and dish satellite trucks zipping all over my area doing installs, and I know each and every one of those installers is not a licensed electrician, did not pull a permit for each install, and their work will not be inspected by the local government. So here you have massive violations of the licensing and permitting laws by major corporations, yet the local authorities are doing nothing about it.

I have been contacted by numerous satellite companies, and they provide ZERO training and field support to installers. You even have to provide your own cable and terminations at your expense. For this they offer less than cento scudi, no matter what is involved.

I have seen some pretty ugly cable installations. They just string the cable around the outside of the house, barely supported, and then drill thru an outside wall into the room where you want the outlet. I have seen this on million dollar houses, and it looks like crap. But the homeowners don't seem to care. I have even seen cables affixed to trees.

Vaya con Dios amigos!
Butch
OP Offline
I googled it, I ran it through a translator, both with no response. What does 'cento scudi' mean? Likely it means that they don't pay what the job is worth but what do you want it to mean?

OP Offline
I know what you mean by 'ugly cable installations' that 'look like crap'. Down in Phoenix if it is an older house there is cable attaced to one corner of the housegoing to the outlet at an agle and cables that are sagging. Pretty gross stuff.

OP Offline
I know what you mean by 'ugly cable installations' that 'look like crap'. Down in Phoenix if it is an older house there is cable attached to one corner of the house going to the outlet at an angle and cables that are sagging. Pretty gross stuff. I went to a phone job where the customer had a cut phone line with one end laying on the ground. I was there because whenever it rained the phone wouldn't work. One of the tasks of the technician there is to fix the existing cable.... and you don't make any extra money for fixing it!

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Originally posted by Michael Havens:
.... and you don't make any extra money for fixing it!
Says who? :shrug: I don't work for free and I doubt most of us are the same.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
OP Offline
Cox said that. I wasn't making a general statement but rather how that particular cable company works.

What he means is that the cable and satellite companies pay very little for an install and it shows. cento scudi = cento centavos per cento.

Vaya con Dios amigos!
Butch
OP Offline
yeah. that's what I thought and it is VERY true! not so much for cable companies but certainly most satellite companies. for these you are totally on your own. you have to take care of your own taxes, insurance, tools, and materials! I worked for both kinds of satellite companies.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024