Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#45784 05/06/04 07:52 AM
Bman Offline OP
OP Offline
Update:Well my customer is still dropping calls 80 or more a day Disco. super. shows them all. T-1 provider see's nothing wrong. I am to the point of putting a channel bank on this thing! Anyone have any ideas all my setttings are solid: lines are tie type 84 drop pulse is up to 20 from 14 what could it be? I really don'thave the time to mess with a channel bank it's like 2 steps back.

Thanks
Guys!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#45785 05/06/04 09:01 AM
RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
>>provider see's nothing wrong

They never do, then when you change something they blame it on you.
98 percent of the time it's the carrier.
Was the circuit up and working correctly b-4 the dropped call came into play, if so I'll lay odds that the carrier did some kind of upgrade or change in their system that caused it. But these types of problems are frustrating.
Good Luck

#45786 05/06/04 12:46 PM
JJ Offline
Did the customer change carriers? and that is when problem started?

It sound like there is a framing, or switch type error.

Hookup your laptop to the CSU and see what kind of errors you see on it. You can pinpoint what direction the problems are happening by looking at the CSU reports. Resetr reports and look again in 24 hours.

Good Luck!!

If all else fails, use a BFH.
#45787 05/08/04 05:59 AM
What Line type are you using? 84??

Also Disconnect supervision in the reports only means that the outside party was the first to disconnect. Either on purpose or due to a problem.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bman:
Update:Well my customer is still dropping calls 80 or more a day Disco. super. shows them all. T-1 provider see's nothing wrong. I am to the point of putting a channel bank on this thing! Anyone have any ideas all my setttings are solid: lines are tie type 84 drop pulse is up to 20 from 14 what could it be? I really don'thave the time to mess with a channel bank it's like 2 steps back.

Thanks
Guys!
</font>

Talk Less, Say more
#45788 05/08/04 06:01 AM
That is true if you are using an ESF CSU like a T-smart. but not on the T-serv which is most common. Perhaps a t-smart would be a good idea.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JJ:
Did the customer change carriers? and that is when problem started?

It sound like there is a framing, or switch type error.

Hookup your laptop to the CSU and see what kind of errors you see on it. You can pinpoint what direction the problems are happening by looking at the CSU reports. Resetr reports and look again in 24 hours.

Good Luck!!
</font>

Talk Less, Say more
#45789 05/10/04 05:00 AM
Bman Offline OP
OP Offline
I am using a T serv 2, I did switch it out with no change. This problem just started out of nowhere one day it worked the next it started dropping. Which of coures points to the carrier. I am working with MCI here if that tells you anything. Verizon has checked and laid the blame square on MCI, What gets me..no errors on the T-1 screens no slips no alarms, the 228 see's nothing wrong and the busy signal I get when these calls drop. On the Executone you get dead air if the system drops it in most cases. Sometimes on an outbound long dist. call I get the busy signal and the "C" screen shows the call connected.

Thanks

#45790 05/25/04 01:23 AM
You know this brings back some memories of a similiar problem on one account that had 3
T1 ckts on an IDS 432 same software.
After several vendor meets with telco, and replacing the T1 card, CSU, Power supplies
SBC finaly sent someone who took the time and found 1 pair on the T1 getting wet at a splice 2 blocks away, the pair was green and corroded, after he changed the pairs, the disconnect problem disappeared and has not come back since, over 2 years ago.
Rick

#45791 05/27/04 08:52 AM
Bman Offline OP
OP Offline
Well...I put in a channel bank. Had MCI make a change on the signal to it. Just did this and they still get dropped calls, dosent look good for MCI. -Rick I thought of that so I had Verizon check out the local equipment and they did find a problem and said they fixed it, but no change. Maybe they have a little mole chewing on the wires...ya never know. Ya know I think the problem is with these T1 providers now a days you have to talk to 3 different companies it is a real pain.

#45792 06/20/04 06:48 AM
I have been following your posted message on your problem. When you mention mci, it brought back bad experience with them.
Customer with 6 pri, 3 t-1 and mci as the carrier. the Customer would start dropping calls, rna, numbers dialed local or ld wouldn't go through. Whenever they would start to get busy.
Mci said it had to be the equipment and not them. Converted the pri to t-1 with an adtran unit. Mci still said they had issues with the equipment. Conference call with many people, showed that Mci had an issue on the last mile of the circuit, to the site.
Since they corrected the last mile issue everything was working ok.

#45793 06/20/04 10:35 AM
OK this may be a dumb question, but since you put a channel bank in I have to ask. Is this D4/AMI or ESF/B8ZS. The reason I have to ask is if it's D4 not seeing errors doesn't mean anything, the only time it will regester an error is if the error is at the same time as the check bit. The circuit must be taken out of service and tested ESF to seeing if there are errors or not, monitoring won't do the job.
Bill

Retired phone dude
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  nonameyet, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,289
Posts638,795
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,352 Shoretel
189,010 CTX100 install
187,392 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (James D., Toner), 202 guests, and 384 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024